ET Jay #1 Automatic censorship on jay1

Broham

Hello to everyone who is reading this!

We all know this is the internet, and there are a lot of angry people on it who like to swear and insult whenever they get the chance. Pretty much every place has some sort of automatic censoring going on, filtering out most of the bad words. I have noticed this before on jay1, where I would want to say something innocent, yet the server wouldn't let my message go through.

Earlier I was a spectator when allies were getting overrun, and I felt the sudden urge to say "and now for 23 minutes of agony", but nothing happened. For whatever reason, I could say every word of that sentence seperatly, but when combined, the server wouldn't even consider it.

I guess my question is why. I have noticed this before. Arbitrary sentences are plainly rejected by the server.

Edit: Nevermind, after reading this I realised "of agony" contains a bad word

Edited by Broham
  • Thanks 1

• Leader
41 minutes ago, Broham said:

I realised "of agony" contains a bad word

OH, thanks for the explanation.  I have had that experience, too, but could never figure it out!  Thanks.  

"of agony"

8 minutes ago, RedBaird said:

OH, thanks for the explanation.  I have had that experience, too, but could never figure it out!  Thanks.  

"of agony"

but then why isnt just saying it as "fag" not censored?

2020-09-10-235613-etdo1.jpg

Edited by CabaL
  • Confused 2
  • 100 1

• Leader

Well, it seems that I can remove the letters in "of agony", and it will still be censored at "of ago", but not at "of ag" nor "f ago". 

So, we may have a malfunctioning censor function???