Et 2.60b installation on Mac

therealposeidon

Hello everyone,

I've been looking for a way to install ET PRO on my mac. I was suggested using the program PlayOnMyMac. But that is stuck on the image that I have attached. 

I am installing the ET file on Splash Damage. 

IMG_4580.JPG

• Like 2

You can join ETPro using this method.

HOWEVER, you will not be able to join PunkBuster enabled ETPro servers as PunkBuster will not run correctly in PlayOnMac. 

You may wish to install XQuartz seperately to allow the install to proceed.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Leader
On 6/18/2020 at 3:32 AM, BlackWolf said:

install XQuartz seperately

That error-statement (?) led me to Google XQuartz, whose "preview" contained this:

Do I need XQuartz on my Mac?

You should use the latest available version of XQuartz. X11 is a very old windowing system for Unix that is not required for almost anything that you'll do on your Mac. The only widespread use of X11 that I use it for is Wine which allows you to run Windows software on your Mac.  Aug 18, 2014

This "PC"-user has heard of Wine before, but in my Mac-Ignorance, I am still interested in computer-problems in general. 🖥️ 😠  ("Wine before Gaming" sounds like a winner. :D )

F|A servers do not require PunkBuster.  DareDevil recommends that we not use it anymore.  I only keep it on my system to help players with trouble-shooting any PB-problems that they might have on our servers.

• Like 1

No real point in PB anymore since it's no longer updated, but some ETPro servers still seem to be running it (Hirntot etc.) :(

You can install XQuartz seperately here first: https://dl.bintray.com/xquartz/downloads/XQuartz-2.7.11.dmg

Install of ET in Wine should then go ahead just fine. Performance isn't as good unfortunately as when run natively in my experience.

I used to run ETLegacy Windows 32 bit in Wine to get ET running well on Mac, since it ran much more smoothly. The official Mac ET legacy build doesn't support Nitmod, Silent etc. so doesn't serve much purpose. Officially supported mods on MAC ETL: https://github.com/etlegacy/etlegacy/wiki/Compatible-Mods

• Like 2