Config Help!

joeylew

image.png.6e620b70c93c759bce31e29dfe2fa718.png

Hi all

After a bit of help please. 

Haven't played ET for god knows how many years. thought id have a bash and downloaded it again. I am on a basic laptop with the above spec.

I was hoping somebody could help / send me over a config that will run the game with a decent fps without the glitching im getting at the moment. Something with the basics and also without the kickback and damage recoil etc if possible? 

also, im based in the uk and i believe i have the 2.60 patch installed. 90% of the servers seem to be filled with bots. Is this just normal these days? major lack of players? or is there a different patch that is more active?

thanks in advance

joe 

Patch 2.60 is correct, U can check when u r on a server, take down console, and look lower rigth corner.

And what server are u on ?

Edited by Leatherface

10 minutes ago, joeylew said:

2.60b? apologies i have forgotten every bit of ET knowledge i had from 10 years ago

2.60b is correct. What servers have you tried connecting to?

1 minute ago, Xiahou Dun said:

2.60b is correct. What servers have you tried connecting to?

well without any filters theres probably about a list of 100 or so. and majority of them seem to be filled with bots? on average how many active servers are there with regularly 10 or so players?

1 minute ago, Leatherface said:

try this:  jay1.clan-fa.com:27960

how do i connect to that server using that? 

i have also forgot how to use a downloaded config. do i  drag it in to the ET folder and then execute it in game? if so, what is the command to execute it. I sort of remember basics but need a recap!

thanks in advance

1 minute ago, joeylew said:

thanks for your help. just one more question! where do i copy and paste the config.cfg file to? is it the main ET folder or does it go in the etmain folder?

thanks

ETMain file. And if you want to connect to server using IP, press your ~ tilde key, open up your console and type /connect ip