ET NQ #1 Trick

Cenicienta

34 minutes ago, C0C4N4T10N said:

Trickjump is allowed but skip the objectives is not. You can read the wiki for more information :)

https://fearless-assassins.com/wiki/index.php/W:ET_Server_Rules Rule 21

It can be a bit more complicated than that tbf.

General server rule 21 states its not allowed

1. You can't complete an objective by skipping previous objectives with a doublejump, human ladder or any trick/exploit which will result in ruining the flow of the map. Map exploiting is prohibited in every shape and fashion. An allowed exception for bypassing an objective is a passage or door intentionally provided from the mapper for this purpose. Sneaking through doors opened by the enemy or by using covert operatives is also permitted.

However NQ server specific rule 2 states it is allowed after 5 min

Trickjumping is allowed to complete the objective after 5 minutes

I personally think its more about the map.

Examples:

Oasis i would allow trickjump over the wall to blow the guns after 5 min as given the fast spawns its easy for axis to spawn at the back and defuse the dyna. 

Larger maps like Daybreak which have multiple objectives tend to already have good anti rush scripts in place to prevent multiple objectives being bypassed and to remove any confusion. Its more or less impossible to bypass objectives on Daybreak due to the anti rush script that is in place. I've watched many try and fail (up to now)

Same with Warbell, its impossible to jump the side fence by first main gate or double jump over the gauge in the tunnels as scripts have been put in place to prevent such actions.

@Cenicienta

Was it a specific map you were thinking of or just in general?? Knowing the map might help us give better advice.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Snuffs99 said:

@Cenicienta

Was it a specific map you were thinking of or just in general?? Knowing the map might help us give better advice.

Hello!

You're right.

I was thinking about the base race. I see players who fly!

I seem to recall an admin drawing attention.

Thanks for the answer

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Cenicienta said:

Hello!

You're right.

I was thinking about the base race. I see players who fly!

I seem to recall an admin drawing attention.

Thanks for the answer

Well i'll be totally honest and say wasn't expecting you to say base race. 

Its extremely rare anyone will ever finish baserace before the timer runs out, trick jump or not.  :D Is there such a thing as trick jump on base??

Edited by Snuffs99

Hey Cenicienta.

If your post is caused by players whining about people exploiting double jump to gain ridicolous speed on baserace, then dont worry. Double jump and trick jump are two different things, and while double jump is extremely annoying and in my opinion - breaks the map, it is not against any rules to do so. You're free to double jump as much as you want, and deliver materials to your base.

• Like 2
  • 100 1

Yeah, it's hard to finish that map early.

I mean, the ones that do tirckjump and cross the map very quickly

Xiahou Dun

I don't mean a double jump. 

They seem to fly; I don't know if it's trickjump or another name.

Its not a trickjump, its a combination of double jump abuse, which grants great speed as it is, and someone shooting at your back, which pushes you even more faster, resulting in you flying through the map.

And with more people on the server, its hardly possible to complete Baserace early.

On 5/19/2020 at 12:40 AM, Cenicienta said:

Yeah, it's hard to finish that map early.

I mean, the ones that do tirckjump and cross the map very quickly

Xiahou Dun

I don't mean a double jump. 

They seem to fly; I don't know if it's trickjump or another name.

You can combine strafe-jumping with double-jumping and gain a lot of speed. Strafe-jumping  is a type of jumping that is built into the Quake 3 engine (ET engine is based on Q3 engine). You can strafe-jump in all of the ET mods. Without double-jump you can strafe-jump and continue gaining speed only on downward slopes (hills). Few months ago I told you that you move like a bot and recommended you google "strafejumping". Instead of doing that, you came to the forums and made complaint against me. Now you came back asking how do people "fly" across the map.

I still encourage you to google strafejumping and learn the skill and not take offence when someone tries to give you tips on how to improve your game.

Edited by HarryAimpotter
  • 100 1

13 minutes ago, HarryAimpotter said:

. Instead of doing that, you came to the forums and made complaint against me. Now you came back asking how do people "fly" across the map.

You're wrong. I came to the forums to complain about an admin.
I also don't come to ask how it's done, only if it's allowed.

Anyway, thanks for your explanation.

1 hour ago, HarryAimpotter said:

Few months ago I told you that you move like a bot and recommended you google "strafejumping". Instead of doing that, you came to the forums and made complaint against me. Now you came back asking how do people "fly" across the map.

TBF the thread you mention is aimed at Bigbro and not you, yes your mentioned but its not a complaint against you...

Cenicienta asked a question here like he says and it was answered, no need to bring stuff up that has been and gone, just move on..........Besides holding grudges is bad for your health, i've not got over that knife kill siwex did on me 4 years ago so i know.  :D

Edited by Snuffs99

Yes, I stand corrected. The complaint was not against me, that is true. Maybe I insulted him by calling him a bot, but I also gave him advice how to better his movement, so I don't see any reason why he got so upset. I honestly thought I was stuck behind a bot for a moment, but it was actually Cenicienta.