A problem with the settings

alala

Although I removed it completely, even though the settings are still applied in the game, the problem is the image is dark although I did the required commands to clarify the problem image I want all the settings and orders to come back as if I use the game for the first time because I deleted the files and reinstalled and my name in the game is still suspended and the settings Also, what is the solution still stuck the cvars i uset for solution but notghing ( r_ignorehwgamma 1 - r_overmapbrightbits 4 - cvar_restart  ) big question Why are the settings still stuck even though I removed them and reinstalled also all the files ????? pls help !! 

Did you remove also the ET folders completely? Also there is more "hidden", especially if you used ETL.

You can find (ETL) those: C:\Users\yourusername\Documents

For normal ET, you'd need to unhide folders and look for "local" folder for ET files, tho there should be only pb files that should not have important settings.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RendeL said:

Did you remove also the ET folders completely? Also there is more "hidden", especially if you used ETL.

You can find (ETL) those: C:\Users\yourusername\Documents

For normal ET, you'd need to unhide folders and look for "local" folder for ET files, tho there should be only pb files that should not have important settings.

i cant find any files returnes to W:et in C:\Users\yourusername\Documents :( :( just i want want setting returnes to default , any idea maybe i use etl maybe there a files hidden in somewhere how i can find it :(

Hi

Hmm... I had same issue in the past.

Make sure your own config settings file match the original one regarding those cvars - etconfig.cfg

Also, as already mentioned, take a look at this: https://github.com/etlegacy/etlegacy/wiki/Path-and-File-Structure

It's not a hidden folder (it was hence they copy linux structure). The config file is in your home folder:

C:\Users\Alala\Documents\ETLegacy\legacy\profiles\alala\etconfig.cfg

You can delete this Folder anytime (save your important stuff before) another one will be created when open the game and create another profile.

Also, ET:L has an option to do that, when you open the game go to options - Clean.

Edited by zrong
  • Love 1

4 is too high if i remember correctly.

r_gamma "1.910000"
r_ignorehwgamma "1"

r_overBrightBits "1.000000"

are u modifying etmain or your mod folder.?

Edited by captnconcrete
  • Like 1
  • 100 1

Thank you for your help, friends. I have tried a lot of useless attempts. I have done a restore point  successfully restored the settings to the previous one. Thank you.<3 ❤️