ET Server Suggestion New balancing teams command

Federicrit

Okay, so I was thinking about a way to balance teams more effectively than using !shuffle, since it's a very unreliable way of balancing. And I came out with the idea that maybe we could get a command that sets the maximum amount of players for each team. I'm going to use Hardcore server as an example because it's the server I play in the most. So, on Hardcore, that has silent mod, we have a 15v15 limit to the amount of players, and some maps become very hard for attacking team or for the defending in those cases, depending on the map. With this new command, we could force a 16v14 situation, or, if necessary, a 17v13. Many times, !shuffle does no good, since 15v15 is almost always going to be uneven on some maps. This command would be quite powerful, so I guess it should only be given to 17+ admins, or something like that.

It could have the following form:

- !newbalancingteamscommand [insert here the player limit for axis] [insert here the player limit for allies]

So, I don't know if this or something similar has been discussed before, so tell me. And also tell me if it's a terrible idea xD.

By the way, I have no clue if such command would be possile since I know nothing about coding.

Thanks for reading :3

• Like 1

The problem with this is that when it comes to larger number of players, individual players have less of in impact on the team overall. It is mostly the fraggers that know how to camp and clear the way for engis that change the pace of the game. For me, when it becomes a full server, it is more about who is on each team that will tell you how the map will go. As long as the top few players on the server are split up evenly and each team has some objective players (if possible), the map should have a decent chance of being won by either team. It is never going to be 50-50 though.

cool suggestion though. :) 

Edited by CheepHeep
  • Like 2