Controlling Mouse Movement

-=HipKat=-

• Platinum VIP

On one CFG that I use mostly, I took the advice of one of the Fox dudes and changed my m_pitch to 0.0015 and upp'd my sens and mouse dpi and it's awesome. I did the same on another, but the up and down is super fast and side by side instead of equally the same smooth speed and I can't find where the difference is in the CFG's, so which commands control mouse left/right, up/down? I've gone line by line in each, but all that code, I'm missing it somewhere

By doing so do you get the same mouse travel distance per 180/360 degree turn in-game?
In case you wanted to play on servers with tournament configs restrictions m_pitch minimal value is 0.0151 and maximal 0.033.

• Like 1

m_pitch - up/down - minimum 0.01501
m_yaw - left/right - minimum 0.022
Also:
in_mouse -Β  set to 1 - game uses direct input, -1 - windows settings (although direct input works only on Legacy and Linux)
m_filter - mouse smoothing

cl_mouseAccel - mouse acceleration
Β 

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
17 minutes ago, Shana said:

By doing so do you get the same mouse travel distance per 180/360 degree turn in-game?
In case you wanted to play on servers with tournament configs restrictions m_pitch minimal value is 0.0151 and maximal 0.033.

I do get the same travel in game and the mouse just seems much smoother with the lower m_pitch. You just have to play with DPI and sense to bring the speed up and not keep it smooth

• Platinum VIP
13 minutes ago, Sunno said:

m_pitch - up/down - minimum 0.01501
m_yaw - left/right - minimum 0.022
Also:
in_mouse -Β  set to 1 - game uses direct input, -1 - windows settings (although direct input works only on Legacy and Linux)
m_filter - mouse smoothing

cl_mouseAccel - mouse acceleration
Β 

I found it. On the cfg that works well, m_yaw is set to 0,002 and on the other 0.02!

Β 

Thanks @Sunno

• 100 1

400 or 800 dpiΒ 

no mouseacceleration

no smooth mouse filter

EDIT: Leave windows pointer speed at 6th notch never change that.

link for calculating mouse cm/inches per 360 and more.

https://funender.com/quake/mouse/index.html

Anime Kurumizawa_satanichia_mcdowell GIF - Anime Kurumizawa_satanichia_mcdowell Satanya GIFsπ’’π‘œπ‘œπ’Ή πΏπ“Šπ’Έπ“€!

Edited by Esports Fox
  • Like 1