Who here smokes meat?

Wendy'sChili

1 minute ago, CaptainCrunch said:

@Old Timer It’s literally just a big rectangular block of Himalayan salt, maybe 15”x10” and 2-3” thick.  You can set it on your grill and get it good and hot or right over a fire.  Lay your meat on and cook away.  It instills a little bit of salt into the meat but it’s not overwhelming.  No need to salt beforehand 

Sounds amazing. Where do you get your salt block? I see you're from good ol' PA. Born and raised in Greencastle just above the Mason-Dixon line on I-81.

Just read this topic and its a bit old, but yes i love every way of grilling,... i have an el fuego water/gas smoker and an weber 60cm cole grill to smoke with a minion ring.

But one recommendation to your beginning topic with the Picanha,... 

Check out Marcos Bassis Videos on youtube to see the full potential of a picanha and mainly how to cut it...

The meat from the third veine to the front is an other part, and shouldn´t be grilled directly or it will be hard to chew...

The Back part from the third veine to the pointy tip is tasty and tender and tastes best grilled directly... 🤤

I have also already smoked alot meat...

So Here is one of my favorite Longjob with about 18 hours on 105-120 C° on an El Fuego Water/Gas Smoker and some Porknecks German Cut (unlike BostonButt, its without the bone and shouldermuscle, but still got the moneymuscle in it)

4x2,5 KG

435879429_20190505_200708(2).thumb.jpg.3a3e4371331e93486e4403a8ec40bb90.jpg

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1

On 2/12/2020 at 8:34 AM, Weez3L said:

its called pickeling! you can do it with fish aswell you know :)

you need a vinegar to pickle anything my friend. The method he's doing is Curing meat.

23 hours ago, CaptainCrunch said:

@Old Timer excellent a fellow Pennsylvanian! I’m about 20 mins south of reading.  You can order the salt blocks online

Yes! I moved to Florida in 86 but still go to visit. Beautiful up there. 

I'm gonna get one and try it. Sounds amazing.

@Old Timer yes PA is beautiful.  I was born in NJ but 99% of my life I have been in Pennsylvania.  I have been to Florida a handful of times, beautiful there too, but im not a big fan of the heat.  My cousin lives in the keys, and ive got to say its one of my favorite places to be on this planet.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, CaptainCrunch said:

@Old Timer yes PA is beautiful.  I was born in NJ but 99% of my life I have been in Pennsylvania.  I have been to Florida a handful of times, beautiful there too, but im not a big fan of the heat.  My cousin lives in the keys, and ive got to say its one of my favorite places to be on this planet.

I'm in Lakeland which is right between Tampa and Orlando on I-4. It does get pretty hot thought. We go to the beach a lot. LOL. 

• Like 1