Intel wants to charge $50 to unlock stuff your CPU can already do

<Jose>

• Administrators

its just something they are experimenting with, these offers are available only in a small area. they are just getting into a market that other companies have already taken advantage off, but as my buddy mark said its just a fad and someone from intel had a dumb idea and someone actually approved it. i wouldn't be surprised if they make some money, since 80 percent of ppl are just dumb like that and would actually buy it. I also see some people that don't have that cpu buying it because they didn't read the damn coupon.

its just something they are experimenting with, these offers are available only in a small area. they are just getting into a market that other companies have already taken advantage off, but as my buddy mark said its just a fad and someone from intel had a dumb idea and someone actually approved it. i wouldn't be surprised if they make some money, since 80 percent of ppl are just dumb like that and would actually buy it. I also see some people that don't have that cpu buying it because they didn't read the damn coupon.

I agree. Why would you lock something that works and then try to make people pay for it as extra.

Well i guess AMD has been doing this for a while. Locking stuff that is faulty (like extra cores) and having some BE versions (unlocked) of the same CPU

• Administrators

I agree. Why would you lock something that works and then try to make people pay for it as extra.

Well i guess AMD has been doing this for a while. Locking stuff that is faulty (like extra cores) and having some BE versions (unlocked) of the same CPU

Well they would sell the cpu at 30 dollars cheaper and make 20 in profit if you unlock it, AMD just can't compete with Intel, the difference in tens even hundreds of millions of dollars that Intel spends on r/d is something AMD cannot compete with.

piece of shit

just a marketing strategy

i would rather buy a new amd cpu for 100 bucks rather than upgrading a single core pentium which is like a million year old architecture.

and im preety sure that ur performance improvement will not be more than 3 to 5 %

if they really had a performance improvement then intel would have probably charged atleast 100 bucks !

btw this kit is not gonna unlock ur multiplier

its probably gonna unlock locked features.

Edited by tdkxeon

• Administrators

piece of shit

just a marketing strategy

i would rather buy a new amd cpu for 100 bucks rather than upgrading a single core pentium which is like a million year old architecture.

and im preety sure that ur performance improvement will not be more than 3 to 5 %

if they really had a performance improvement then intel would have probably charged atleast 100 bucks !

btw this kit is not gonna unlock ur multiplier

its probably gonna unlock locked features.

Its just a trial run in a small area don't get your panties in curry. It helps my negro brothers steal your internets. mmmkay