ET Server Suggestion Unified custom voice packs for NQ and Jaymod servers

Eireannanl

That's totally possible but if it's is some way hidden, is /vsay command for it required then? Im not sure but I would guess that like !beer doesn't require /vsay beer command. I can be wrong in this one.

Anyway, started to write program which shows things from files and something else (mainly .wav sound file related things).

While programming I already found 2 dublicate /vsay commands for jaymod sounds :) (other one of those two might have been in NQ though). "speech20" and "hecken", both was two times. .wav is used but can't be called as first from those dublicate commands can be only called. Eg. I there's 2 "hecken", "hecken" that plays 1.wav and other one that plays 2.wav. If those are 2 separated commands, only first one will be played at any given time. Of course one solution would be that both .wav files are under same command or then rename second command.

Edited by Eireannanl

3 hours ago, Eireannanl said:

While programming I already found 2 dublicate /vsay commands for jaymod sounds :) (other one of those two might have been in NQ though). "speech20" and "hecken", both was two times. .wav is used but can't be called as first from those dublicate commands can be only called. Eg. I there's 2 "hecken", "hecken" that plays 1.wav and other one that plays 2.wav. If those are 2 separated commands, only first one will be played at any given time. Of course one solution would be that both .wav files are under same command or then rename second command.

Yea I noticed this too last night, I'm working on a new sound pack for Jay2 at the moment. Daredevil sent me the newest version which has a better options menu. Vindstot is also working on a new pack for Jay3. The Jaymod sound packs are going to be different as Jay3 is a Euro server and will have more European sounds whereas Jay2 will still be almost all English.

3 hours ago, Eireannanl said:

That's totally possible but if it's is some way hidden, is /vsay command for it required then? Im not sure but I would guess that like !beer doesn't require /vsay beer command. I can be wrong in this one.

As far as I know, yes it's still required. I think it's as simple as when the player joins, the server will do something like '/vsay sound VIP Player has joined the server.' The sound needs to be in the PK3 file otherwise it won't play. People can still do these vsays on the server if they know the name of the sound file like 'speech33'. I'll probably make a post on the forums with all of the sounds, their sound file name and the text displayed after the pack is updated. Maybe it could be added to the wiki too. I don't think I'm going to remove any of the existing sound files cause people have custom binds for stuff like when they make a kill.

It's not the end of the world if there are some 'hidden vsays' that aren't in the menu due to there being not enough room on the list. Adding another level to the vsay menu isn't ideal cause no one wants to type something like V9123 to make a quick sound.

On average each one is about 33KB before packing so a few additional unlisted vsays are almost insignificant compared to the rest of the pack.

If I managed to write enough code into this program, you should be able to assign /vsay commands and voice menu positions for each .wav as well as make voice menu tabs. Including every command you want to perform when clicking some quick voice menu object :)

Do note that it requires some time. Point is to make things easier ^_^