my old profile say =F/A Matasanos

Matasanos
Go to solution Solved by Eazy,

hallo mates, today joined to jay1, and buckwild contact me via PM, and he said me my profile say "FA Matasanos"... and yes, as i said before, i was FA member and i left cuz has no time to be in the game every day... but, i dont know how to change that whithout i get ban from console. Once i tried to change and i got 1 day  banned (or more, i dont remember, that was long time ago), the console told me that i was supplanting, my own account!! lol so, im asking how i can change that?? thanks for the support guys...

Edited by Matasanos

Your profile on here says you like jay1 open etmain go to jaymod folder and open profiles 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\jaymod\profiles

open etconfig with a notepad and edit it where your name shows up 

• Thanks 1

• Leader

OIC, DoubleDragon's method just changes your Jaymod name.  Below, I was thinking of your etmain profile name.

I was going to say to

Start ET , without joining a server

Hit menu, then Profile

You can hit the rename tab and enter a new Profile name

Hit mod and select jaymod

see if your Jaymod name is the new name or is the last one that you used on jaymod

if you don't see your new name, then just do a /name Matasanos in the console.  That should be saved for the next time that you play on Jaymod#1. 

Another way to do it is to Join Jay#1, open the console and type /seta name Matasanos  (that will set your main profile name).

Edited by RedBaird
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, DoubleDragon said:

Your profile on here says you like jay1 open etmain go to jaymod folder and open profiles 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\jaymod\profiles

open etconfig with a notepad and edit it where your name shows up 

ok.... and how i could edit it, if i can found ??   :dntk

Edited by Matasanos

14 minutes ago, RedBaird said:

Start ET , without joining a server

1.- Hit menu, then Profile

You can hit the rename tab and enter a new Profile name

2.- Hit mod and select jaymod

see if your Jaymod name is the new name or is the last one that you used on jaymod

if you don't see your new name, then just do a /name Matasanos in the console.  That should be saved for the next time that you play on Jaymod#1. 

3.- Another way to do it is to Join Jay#1, open the console and type /seta name Matasanos  (that will set your main profile name).

thanks Red, i did the option 1, and its say just Matasanos in the profile name... so i did the second and it say Matasanos to... so i went to the 3rd option, and appears my nick just in white... so i guess it could fix the issue, but, i remember these optios i maded some time ago and sometimes happens the thing that Buck´s saw, and sometimes my nickname apears as =FA=Matasanos, and i have to restart the game to fix it... i hope this actions could fix this issue.... thanks again Red!!

• Like 1

• Leader

FA has added a name-editing window to the Jaymod menu.

If you join Jay#1,2 or 3 and open the menu | Jaymod | Display menu page, you will see a 'Colors' section at the bottom.  

It has a name-editing window and displays come of the ^color codes.  You can use that to color your name 🌈  in Jaymod!  (Thanks to Shana!)

Edited by RedBaird
+ jaymod
  • Thanks 1

• Leader

The  *.cfg files are edited by ET when you change your name with /name newname or use the menus to edit it.

I save copies of my ET  etconfig files every few months, just in case.  Strange changes can occur sometimes.

• 100 1