I dont really wanna do this but I might have to

Trent

My computer harddrive is going out and i cant do nothing for more then 10 min i dont have the money to replace or buy a new one so I really i mean i really hate to say this but i think this is good bye for awhile I love this game even know im not the best its still fun it was nice knowing you all hopefully ill get lucky and find a new one for cheap bye :( 

• Leader

Save your etkey and silent.dat files off of your computer, at least.  :)  It is good to have a backup system for your files.

I hope that you can connect a new HD in your computer and do a system transfer via Windows (or u have Linux?).

• Like 2

I got it saved to track base :) I have windows i have a harddrive laying around 

and i can replace the one i have and take it apart and move the disc part in it to another harddrive but i dont have the tools to unscrew the screws :(

• Leader

Uh, you plan to take apart your bad HD and move the Discs inside it to another HD?  Only master technicians in "clean rooms" take apart HDs and only in an expensive effort to recover the data on them.

and i can replace the one i have and take it apart and move the disc part in it to another harddrive but i dont have the tools to unscrew the screws :(

• Like 2

• Leader

I rebuild HD ive done it before a few times i just need to go buy the tools 

I could never do that in my dusty house! :o

• Like 3

I rebuild HD ive done it before a few times i just need to go buy the tools 

Really now? -_- Yes, on older HDD's under 1gb, they could be disassembled and fixed without a clean room, but not anymore.

The HDD wouldn't last long anyways after being disassembled in a regular household... maybe a few hours before you destroy the heads.

In fact, if you as much as over-tighten a screw on the case (per secret proprietary standards to each HDD manufacturer), the drive will give you the click of death.

No need to stretch the truth.

If you paid 50 dollars for disk transfer software, you got ripped off mate. There's plenty of freeware out there that will work perfectly fine.

Download CrystalDiskInfo and post the SMART info. If you computer works for ten minutes, and then does not, I seriously doubt it is the HDD.

Really now? -_- Yes, on older HDD's under 1gb, they could be disassembled and fixed without a clean room, but not anymore.

The HDD wouldn't last long anyways after being disassembled in a regular household... maybe a few hours before you destroy the heads.

In fact, if you as much as over-tighten a screw on the case (per secret proprietary standards to each HDD manufacturer), the drive will give you the click of death.

No need to stretch the truth.

If you paid 50 dollars for disk transfer software, you got ripped off mate. There's plenty of freeware out there that will work perfectly fine.

Download CrystalDiskInfo and post the SMART info. If you computer works for ten minutes, and then does not, I seriously doubt it is the HDD.

I got a refund 

and it is the harddrive sorry ive been building and rebuilding computers since i was 10