Mouse drifting on its own.

SiD

So for some reason my mouse seems to drift on its own in ET.

Was trying to get shit straightened out and noticed in the menus that the slightest movement causes the cursor to drift in one direction slowly. Can't do shit because I'm getting annoyed.

Using a logitech g600.

Unplugged it and tested with my touchpad does the same thing/

Disabled touchpad use G600, still doing it.

Anyone have this before?

Yeah..I had before..had to delete drivers then reinstall downloaded drivers..or check in device manager to disable some drivers showing that are extra..you can't really totally delete all windows default drivers..think you have to leave one

Edited by Raskin

Wait which drivers? Just the mouse drivers?

I checked in device manager and there's no duplicate mouse drivers.

I tested a bunch of games and it only seems to happen with ET at the moment. It also stops when the console is open surprisingly.

There's an option in device manager to unhide some devices unplugged. Try that and check if there's a driver installed in these hidden ones.

edit: use RevoUninstaller to remove the driver. This way you will be able to do a clean intall of this driver after reboot.

Edited by Ann!b@l

Already installed ET. Didn't fix the issue.

Wasn't negative accel. Usually works a little different.

Checked for hidden drivers, nothing extra in there.

Uninstalled and reinstalled mouse drivers to no avail. Did find a new piece of the puzzle though.

I am using an external monitor for a dual setup on this laptop. I run my games on the monitor because it's bigger. For Shits'n'Giggles I moved ET's window back to the laptop side and the mouse drift stopped. So it seems for some reason my cursor is trying to move to the laptop screen when the window in on the external monitor.

Dafuq yo?

Disable dual monitor when playing games on big screen...maybe in your laptop graphics display settings also in graphics settings has tab for single display performance mode on 3D settings and you pick the program(game) to cusomize

Edited by Raskin