FPS keeps dropping for some reason

RyderDyder

For some reason everytime i seem to go outside on any map..my fps just goes straight to 20....when im inside buildings..i get 125 no problem... Mex! tried to help me seeing if it was my config and it wasnt because i am still getting the fps drop.

It seem to start happening when i was at the main screen for wolfenstein, and i went under options, system and went to the bottom and put set recommended. Im not sure how it could cause my game to do that maybe when i did that someone went wrong somewhere.

Im not sure if someone knows what may have happened or maybe i just need to do a fresh reinstall..idk if that would work either. I always run a spyware so i know i dont have a virus on here.

If anyone has suggestions or knows the problem that would be great :D.

-Thanks

Ryder

More data to process is the first thing.  Try this.  Look straight up and not move for 2 seconds.  What is FPS?  Then look straight down...FPS?

Now spin around slowly and watch the fps.

If your FPS stays around 100, or so, while doing those 3 things, then your card is doing okay.  You should see a slight rise in FPS when looking up.

If you notice a big difference between up and down, and then straight, then the card is having problems with rendering triangles or quadrangles.

There are several topics on the net about this.  There are ways to enhance performance for that problem.

Make sure you have the latest drivers for that card.  Set the card to performance within 3D games.  I don't know anything about ET so someone from

that game should help you on setting your games settings for best performance.

• 4 weeks later...