• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

Kicked By PB

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

gigabyte

gigabyte

L3: Novice

• User
  • 382 posts
A step in the right direction
Avast has always been a fail AV.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

Aniky

Aniky

L9: Master

• Regular User
  • 2,488 posts
Is a bearer of wisdom

Donator

Avast has always been a fail AV.

well its free and works quite good for me, if u at least have a bit knownlage about pc u can keep ur pc clean.

gigabyte

gigabyte

• User
  • 382 posts

well its free and works quite good for me, if u at least have a bit knownlage about pc u can keep ur pc clean.

Thats exactly why it sucks because its free, i had it on my 7 and after removing it and installing Nod32, Nod32 picked up 3 Trojans that avast didn't even detect . Doesn't matter how much you know about pc's, Virus's are always going to get in no matter what specially if you have a fail AV like avast. Nuf said.

http://amplicate.com/sucks/avast

Notajedi

Notajedi

L4: Apprentice

• Clan Friend
  • 434 posts
On the road to fame
  • Admin:10
  • Server:None

Thats exactly why it sucks because its free, i had it on my 7 and after removing it and installing Nod32, Nod32 picked up 3 Trojans that avast didn't even detect . Doesn't matter how much you know about pc's, Virus's are always going to get in no matter what specially if you have a fail AV like avast. Nuf said.

There is no av that will detect everything, Avast is no worse than any others I've used and a lot better than most.

JoeDirt

JoeDirt

L11: Assassin

• Administrators
  • 5,290 posts
Is a bearer of wisdom
  • Admin:21
ppl that use any av programs are nubs

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

On-IoN

• ET Member
  • 1,998 posts
Will become famous
  • Admin:14
  • Steam ID:https://steamcommunity.com/id/DarkPrinny
Contributor

Lol I guess it worked okay for me too. Tell me to use norton and I go *pisss*

It was much better than AVG. I use to run AVG before and I dunno why but it had some problems with windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. For a whole month I was getting like 40 crashes and I couldn't figure out what the hell it was (driver, memtest, HD test, prime95 stability test, disk error check and repair, loose cables...etc). I uninstalled AVG and I haven't had a single crash for over a month now. So ya fack AVG

But to be honest, not running any antivirus and using a very good firewall would be your best option :yahoo .

Antimony

Antimony

L6: Expert

• Inactive Member
  • 922 posts
On the road to fame
  • EvolveHQ:Antimony
  • Admin:12
  • Server:Jay1
  • T-M:1-1
Contributor

Lol I guess it worked okay for me too. Tell me to use norton and I go *pisss*

It was much better than AVG. I use to run AVG before and I dunno why but it had some problems with windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. For a whole month I was getting like 40 crashes and I couldn't figure out what the hell it was (driver, memtest, HD test, prime95 stability test, disk error check and repair, loose cables...etc). I uninstalled AVG and I haven't had a single crash for over a month now. So ya fack AVG

But to be honest, not running any antivirus and using a very good firewall would be your best option :yahoo .

AVG is a fail antivirus. It does not detect the trojans which avast could detect. So I choose Avast 5 instead.
BTW there is no perfect antivirus which would detect all malware.
Any suggestions for firewall, Onion?

Krauersaut

Krauersaut

• Regular User
  • 2,228 posts
I am just really nice
Contributor

That might have been the 3 Trojans you've downloaded with the pirated Nod32. :lol:

gigabyte

gigabyte

• User
  • 382 posts

AVG is a fail antivirus. It does not detect the trojans which avast could detect. So I choose Avast 5 instead.
BTW there is no perfect antivirus which would detect all malware.
Any suggestions for firewall, Onion?

i used zone alarm for firewall, it was ok it gave me no problems.

Aniky

Aniky

• Regular User
  • 2,488 posts
Is a bearer of wisdom

Donator

dunno why u dislike it so much, but in all this time that i have been using it, worked totally perfect for me, when i feel my pc is slow, i run complete scanning and at some periods im making format of my pc, so it works fine for me :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users