Smoke Lag?

FireWienie

Hello all, i'm new to the forums but a regular on the servers (a lot of you might see me in Jaymod 2 alot)

Lately Ive been getting FPS drops when shrouded in Poison Gas, Smoke screen and flame throwers. I need help to reduce the fps drop as it gets harder to aim and play if I randomly drop to 10fps. (I play at 71 for better aiming, i can max to 150 FPS). Can someone give me a cfg or a command to reduce the smoke's particles so I could have a bit less lag? I really like these servers but I really dont want little things like FPS drops to ruin my gameplay.

Kind regards  :all rock:

Just FYI- any tool that gets rid of the Cv Ops smoke screen is cheating, and you will be banned for using such a tool or "tweak".

Onto a tip though: /cg_wolfparticles 0 should help with your issue ;)
As for your lag, can you give your system specs, that way we can pinpoint your issue more easily, and perhaps allow you full graphics gameplay (should you want)

I can try to use the wolfpackets, but I wasn't trying to completely remove the smoke. I was thinking of thinning the smoke a bit, where I wouldnt be able to see through it but making it less thick so it wouldnt have more particles which can cause more lag. right now I'm using my father's laptop (I dont play et on it). As soon as I get on my computer I will tell you what type of graphics card I have and what processor I am using.

I'm pretty sure I play ET on the lowest graphics possible for less lag and faster performance. I find it weird how I can get more then 125 fps but lag to minor things like smoke :/

Avoid any external tool to remove poison gaz or smoke. It's not doable and normal unless to be cheating. And in this case, trust me you will be quickly spotted and banned.

This being said, I have also understood you get a prob of fps. So try this config and see if it improves things:

firewienie1.cfg  (cg_fov is onto his default value 90)

Edited by Ann!b@l
  • Like 1

Avoid any external tool to remove poison gaz or smoke. It's not doable and normal unless to be cheating. And in this case, trust me you will be quickly spotted and banned.

This being said, I have also understood you get a prob of fps. So try this config and see if it improves things:

attachicon.giffirewienie1.cfg  (cg_fov is onto his default value 90)

Ahh a cfg, just what I was looking for. For now i am on my father's laptop so I will be downloading the cfg as soon as possible. im guessing these are the steps to make the cfg work?

1. Download

2. Move to ET Main folder

3. Open ET and type /exec firewienie.cfg

4. Vid_restart

I just wnt to make sure I have gotten all the steps to make sure it works. can you reply to tell me if the steps are correct of if I have to do something else?

Kind Regards :lol

1. Download

3. Open ET and type /exec firewienie1.cfg

4. \Vid_restart

5. connect on server

6. again \exec firewienie1

7. again \vid_restart

Edited by Ann!b@l
  • Like 2

1. Download

3. Open ET and type /exec firewienie1.cfg

4. \Vid_restart

5. connect on server

6. again \exec firewienie1

7. again \vid_restart

Alright, i had a feeling I was forgetting something. Thanks alot :D

It was a pleasure! ;)

2w50w92.png

Hey lets play minecraft :D

Thanks alot this has helped a bit (Now my fps is at 125 no matter what :D)

Im having a bit of trouble, when I enter the game it gets REALLY bright, can you help me make the brightness a bit lower? Its not only for the game, its my computer in general. More like a graphic brightness problem then my computer's brightness. I tried to change the brightness using my monitor but it still had a weird brightness to it :/

Kind Regards  :cheers

P.s. For some reason it doesnt show on the picture above 

Edited by firewienie1