The greatest night of my life...

Ol Smoke

I just wanted to get this down for others to read and maybe put yours on here also.

We all must have a night or day that is really stuck in our mind as a really cool happening.

When I got to thinking of this before I wrote it here, I could think of two major events in my life that still haunt me to this day.

The first happened when I was 17. My sister's roommate and I were at a local laundromat, late one night, when her boyfriend showed up.

He was driving the coolest car I had seen at that time. A 1956 Ford Vicky with a hopped up 312 V8 engine and a T10 4 speed.

It was a beautiful car, in metal flake Blue with chrome rims. It had a 4-track tape player and it was playing the Supremes.

He flipped me the keys and said "take it for a spin". As we walked to the door, he said be back in 10 minutes. Wink wink.

So I went for a ride and the Supremes were singing "Baby Baby" and the night air was warm and he had the dash lights colored blue.

So that was just the greatest thing I had ever seen.

When I think of it now, it takes me back to a time that was so much more simpler than now. Even at 62 I can remember everything about

that night. The feel of that 4 speed when I stepped on it a little, the sound of the pipes singing in the air, and that haunting song by

the Supremes. It was magical. I knew right then that I wanted a car like that some day. And I had several.

But the one that remains my all time magical night was when I was 16. Even to this day, I still try to relive this night again. But like an

addict, you can never relive that first high. So here it is, my most treasured night.

I was asked to babysit my shop teacher's two boys for Saturday night and part of Sunday morning. So I went down to his house about

5 pm and he showed me all the things I needed to know. The boys and I played some games for a while and I fixed them a snack and

soon they were off to bed. It was about 10 pm and I watched some TV. (We only had 3 channels then and one of them went off the air

at midnight) I was listening to the news when they said that the movie for tonight was " Robinson Crusoe on Mars". I loved sci-fi movies so I got all

ready for it. He had deer sausage, cheese, coke, all kinds of meats and stuff to snack on so I made a big plate and sat down in front

of the TV and started the show. It was amazing. For that time period (1966) it was so cool. So I sat there engrossed in the movie,

eating all that delicious food and there was no one to bother me. No one interrupting me. I was in the most wonderful state of mind

I had ever been in before. It was the most perfect night I ever had in my entire life.

Since then I have had nights similar to it but it always seems to fall short of the feeling of that night.

• Like 3

Smoke those were both really cool stories, made me a little melancholy myself as I was reading them. Isn't it cool how such seemingly small accounts in our lives can make such an impact even after all the years that have past? I really enjoyed reading this :D

I also have a memory from an amazing evening.

I was siting at the computer (probably playing on F|A servers ^^) and drinking some beer.

And by some reason I got tired at playing so I collected my fishing gear and some beers and went down to the shore. It was about 1 or 2 at the night so it was dark as hell but from all the times I have fished there, it wasn't very hard to navigate and know where to cast my lure ;)

When I finally hade rigged my rod and picked out the lure ( a black/silver fish imitation) I started to walk down to the water and suddenly I heard this big splash in the water.

So I started cast in the direction I heard the splash and on the 4th cast I got a sea trout on 1.5 kilos :) it's not the biggest but it was a new personal record for me and same night I caught several trouts.

That night, I got a new personal record and hade the best trout fishing I ever hade this far :)

post-7675-0-43021400-1361711498_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

i have a story too!

i was with 3 friends at my parents house and my parents were gone to Amsterdam to my Grandmother.

it was 9 o'clock in the evening and we started some music and stuff..

we used some mushrooms. and we were tripping. we had a lot of fun and conforsations all the time!

we have a dog at home and 1 of my friends was scared of doggs but after we ate that mushrooms he was talking to the dogg like a child : "you are a dog, yeh you are a dog".

somebody said to him, you were scared for doggs right? he said: thats right and he RAN away and said : GET THAT DOG OUT OF HERE!

i dont remember where we have talking about for 6 hours but i think we had some 25-30 comforsations in A MINUTE! everytime after we have had many conversations we looked at the clock and we all thought that there was at least an hour had passed but it was just a minute!.

coke-cola was tasting like alcohol and water wasnt water but just wet and chips where taste like nothing.

• Like 1

i have another story!

FIRST ROAD!

i do longboarding and i was going out with some other longboarders to a hill in the middle of our country.. after 2 hours seating in the car we finaly get out the small car.

it was my first time over there and I walked with all the other people (16 ppl) on the hill.to the top.. we where standing there on top, looking at the road.

we get starting rolling on our board and we where getting faster and faster. I drove on for, we need the last corner and there in the inside of the curve suddenly little pawns. i was rolling with like 60 kmph just past the pawns..

SECOND ROAD!

after a few times rolling down the hill we where rolling more down the hill then first, we where going to another "spot", we walked up to the top of the hill and were rolling down a few times.. the last time there, i was rolling like 70 kmph down a hill in the last curve, normaly you can roll out and lose youre speed but the was A TRUCK on the middle of the road!! standing still but we couldnt se it because of the trees... so we all had to break very hard, someone jumped into the ditch because he couldnt brake, very funny. and we scared the crap out of the trucker hahaha.

on that moment it realy wasnt funny but now when i think about it, its funny and evreybody who was there is now talking about it and laughing about it haha.

My amazing life story..

It was late one night, back in 1992 may the 7th to be exact. I was at home with my now ex-wife (who was 7 months pregnant at the time) and my best friend in the world had just stopped by for a visit.  We sat around out on the front porch talking about things that friends do, laughing and just enjoying each others company.

It was around 10:40 am when Cherri (My ex) said she didn't feel so well and decided she would call it a night.  My friend and I continued to talk and enjoy the warm night in the mountains of KY.  About 10 minutes had passed by when I heard Cherri call for me from the bedroom.  Not sensing anything was wrong, I took my time in getting back to her.  I walked inside and made my way to the bedroom where she was.  She was laying on the bed crying and I could tell she was very much in pain. I asked her what was wrong and she told me her water had broke.  Needless to say for me, being only around 17 or 18 it took a minute for it to sink in.  And then it hit me! Oh my God, her water broke!

I yelled to my friend, who had also made his way inside and told him what was going on.  He grabbed the car keys and Cherri's purse and I scooped her up off the bed into my arms and made my way out to the drive and placed her in the passenger's seat of the car.  My friend climbed in the back and I hopped behind the wheel and then the race was on.

Normally from where I live to the hospital was about a 35 or 40 minute drive, but tonight I knew I was going to set a new land speed record.  I was driving an old 1980 or 83 Corola. The thermostat was stuck on it and it had a bad tendency to over heat, but I couldn't worry about that right now.  I made the trip from home to hospital in 11 1/2 half minutes, the whole time my car was pouring steam from under the hood and the temp hand was wide open, but nothing would stop me getting there, not even the 2 police cars setting by the last stop light just before the hospital exit.

We came sliding in at the front doors of the hospital and my friend ran inside to get a wheelchair as I climbed out and went to the passenger side to get Cherri. I grabbed her from the car and ran towards the hospital and my friend met me halfway with the wheelchair and we got her inside.  A nurse came and took her and explained that I had to go to the desk and sign her in.  I ran over to the desk and signed a few papers, it took no more than maybe ten minutes and ran to the elevator.  As the doors opened to the second floor I ran as fast as I could to the delivery room, but when I got there it was empty.  I asked the nurse at the nurse station where my wife was giving birth and she informed me that she had already done so.  In that small amount of time I had missed the actual birthing of my child. 

The nurse said everything went good and they were putting Cherri in a room.  I ran to the room and she was already out. They had given her medication for the pain and some to help her rest.  So I sat there for a while and the doctor came in. He explained that first that "It was a girl!", but that she was not developed fully and had to be put in an incubator and would have to stay at the hospital for some time.  But she was okay. I asked if I could see her and he said yes and asked me to follow him.  We got to the section where the newborns are kept and he pointed towards her location. I got to talk right up beside her, in this little glass box and look inside.  Before this moment, I was confident I knew everything I needed about life, love and happiness, but in one single moment, one single glance I realized, I didn't know anything and for the first time in my life, I began to know what real love was.

My heart broke and my thoughts shattered, I fell to my knees in the floor beside that little glass incubator and I wept like a child. I thought I knew what love was, but I was only now starting to realize what it truly meant to love someone.  May the 7th 1992 my daughter Lea Michelle was born and that was the greatest night of my life..

• Like 2

That was good, bro.  You are starting to loosen up and life is just beginning for you.  The next 20 will be the biggest hoot in your whole life.  Remember every second of it.

Everyone out there reading this thread...you need to stop for 5 minutes just before you go to bed at night.  Sit on the edge of the bed and let your mind remember everything

you did that day.  Because I guarantee you this,  you will be somewhere, sometime...and you will not believe that 20 years has gone by.  Look at what Chron wrote.  I bet he

can't believe it was 20 years ago!!!

• Like 1

All 6 births of my children are the memories that are the freshest in my mind :) the scary early births. The very first child, MaKy and his sister delivering our 4th. Each one was soo different, but all the feelings were new and fresh with each one :)

My amazing life story..

It was late one night, back in 1992 may the 7th to be exact. I was at home with my now ex-wife (who was 7 months pregnant at the time) and my best friend in the world had just stopped by for a visit.  We sat around out on the front porch talking about things that friends do, laughing and just enjoying each others company.

It was around 10:40 am when Cherri (My ex) said she didn't feel so well and decided she would call it a night.  My friend and I continued to talk and enjoy the warm night in the mountains of KY.  About 10 minutes had passed by when I heard Cherri call for me from the bedroom.  Not sensing anything was wrong, I took my time in getting back to her.  I walked inside and made my way to the bedroom where she was.  She was laying on the bed crying and I could tell she was very much in pain. I asked her what was wrong and she told me her water had broke.  Needless to say for me, being only around 17 or 18 it took a minute for it to sink in.  And then it hit me! Oh my God, her water broke!

I yelled to my friend, who had also made his way inside and told him what was going on.  He grabbed the car keys and Cherri's purse and I scooped her up off the bed into my arms and made my way out to the drive and placed her in the passenger's seat of the car.  My friend climbed in the back and I hopped behind the wheel and then the race was on.

Normally from where I live to the hospital was about a 35 or 40 minute drive, but tonight I knew I was going to set a new land speed record.  I was driving an old 1980 or 83 Corola. The thermostat was stuck on it and it had a bad tendency to over heat, but I couldn't worry about that right now.  I made the trip from home to hospital in 11 1/2 half minutes, the whole time my car was pouring steam from under the hood and the temp hand was wide open, but nothing would stop me getting there, not even the 2 police cars setting by the last stop light just before the hospital exit.

We came sliding in at the front doors of the hospital and my friend ran inside to get a wheelchair as I climbed out and went to the passenger side to get Cherri. I grabbed her from the car and ran towards the hospital and my friend met me halfway with the wheelchair and we got her inside.  A nurse came and took her and explained that I had to go to the desk and sign her in.  I ran over to the desk and signed a few papers, it took no more than maybe ten minutes and ran to the elevator.  As the doors opened to the second floor I ran as fast as I could to the delivery room, but when I got there it was empty.  I asked the nurse at the nurse station where my wife was giving birth and she informed me that she had already done so.  In that small amount of time I had missed the actual birthing of my child. 

The nurse said everything went good and they were putting Cherri in a room.  I ran to the room and she was already out. They had given her medication for the pain and some to help her rest.  So I sat there for a while and the doctor came in. He explained that first that "It was a girl!", but that she was not developed fully and had to be put in an incubator and would have to stay at the hospital for some time.  But she was okay. I asked if I could see her and he said yes and asked me to follow him.  We got to the section where the newborns are kept and he pointed towards her location. I got to talk right up beside her, in this little glass box and look inside.  Before this moment, I was confident I knew everything I needed about life, love and happiness, but in one single moment, one single glance I realized, I didn't know anything and for the first time in my life, I began to know what real love was.

My heart broke and my thoughts shattered, I fell to my knees in the floor beside that little glass incubator and I wept like a child. I thought I knew what love was, but I was only now starting to realize what it truly meant to love someone.  May the 7th 1992 my daughter Lea Michelle was born and that was the greatest night of my life..

It's amazing that strength of love isn't it? It still blows my mind at just how much you love them and no matter how many you have you have that same amount of unbelievable love for each of them

• Like 1

Nothing in this world like it man..... My daughter and I have a super close relationship too, her mother left us when my daughter was only 2 so I raised her by myself and in the long run it brought us closer together..