Kick from Jaymod for MAX_CVARS

NoGooD

Hey guys, I'm hoping one of your knowledgeable admins/players can help me out.

Most of the time I exec my cfg any of your jaymod servers, ET closes down with some kind of max_cvars error. Of course when I tried to recreate the problem today in your Jay#2 server, the damn thing worked fine.

I've gotten this on a few other jaymod servers running 2.1.7 or 2.1.8, but on any other mod I play (pub, NQ or Pro) I'm fine.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

This happens to me everytime i try to connect to a jaymod server right after playing on another server. It was solved for me just by restarting ET everytime i want to play on a different server.

Also, it could be that your cfg is too large, try to make it several files instead of one, by having a line that says "exec binds.cfg" or something like that.

• Administrators

Type in console cvarlist and at the end if will tell you numbers. Let me know what it says. PM me your config or post it here.

This happens to me everytime i try to connect to a jaymod server right after playing on another server. It was solved for me just by restarting ET everytime i want to play on a different server.

Also, it could be that your cfg is too large, try to make it several files instead of one, by having a line that says "exec binds.cfg" or something like that.

That could be it. When I tried it today, I went straight to the F|A Jaymod server and it failed to kick me like it usually does.

I'll give that a shot Dare. I know where your going with it, and I was starting to think the same thing. Just to many CVARS. Right now my cfg is broken up into several smaller cfgs. Maybe I'll just have to make a "Jaymod Special" install of ET.

it's a bug on ET 2.55 not all time happen, that was fixed after 2.6b.

to avoid any future Max_cvars error be sure your cfg don't exceed 16K or never have more then 1000 lines... and like Valkyrie said split your config to 2 or 3 files ... i do have one for binds, script and one for game setting :P

Here a part changelog on 2.6b version :

MAX_CVARS increased to 2048 from 1024, as ET is relatively close to the 1024 limit with both client

and server cvars. Enlarged FILE_HASH_SIZE to compensate for the enlarged cvar table size.

Thanks medic.

My cfg is actually broken up into several smaller pieces, all of them being under 4-5 kb's. Most are much smaller. I'm guessing it's probably something to do with the actual number of cvars. I'll give Dares recommendation a try and post back.

Thanks for the info though guys. I'll check it out today and see what I come up with.

After testing out your suggestions and messing around a little bit, I think it's exactly like Valkyrie said. It only happens when your coming from another mod, which I usually am. I'm running/changed 963 cvars, have no cfg files bigger than 5kb and if I go straight into a 2.55 Jaymod server I don't get the game shutting down like usual. Hell, I might start playing Jaymod a bit again.

One thing I haven't tried yet was if this happens on 2.06b. I may try that tonight for the hell of it.