Crash

Jayy!

Hey guys, My ET keeps crashing when i join the servers, so im gunna re-install it and re-download everything, ive been busy latley with work and such so it might take a couple days, its been doing this for about a week now, If anyone has a suggestion on how i can get it done in less time it would normally take then I would be thankfull for the help, Untill then ill see everyone in a bit

Well the only thing that happens is that little window where it says "This Program has encountered an error and needs to close", then it gives you the option to send the error to microsoft, dont send or debug, and debug doesnt do anything. it just closes the program,

I did get a virus recently but i got rid of it, that might have been the cause of it but im not to sure

I also havnt updated any of my drivers

• Administrators

Oh cool that used to happen sometimes when i used to press ctrl and alt both together to see my stats. Its known old bug. Your ET freezes sometimes when u press 2 keys together or right after another.

• Administrators
why did you press ctrl? what is it used for?

To see stats. I suggest press it once and u will see the stats on your screen.

why did you press ctrl? what is it used for?

To see stats. I suggest press it once and u will see the stats on your screen.

problem is you'll see it then its gone. i just hold down alt (don't need second button happly) for a few seconds, have quick glance then leave. Though since i installed some more ram it happly works ....

Oh cool that used to happen sometimes when i used to press ctrl and alt both together to see my stats. Its known old bug. Your ET freezes sometimes when u press 2 keys together or right after another.

I get something like that when i'm running xfire in the background. If Xfire isn't running, I can press w/e and nothing happens. Not sure why, a majority of my problems with ET have been caused by Xfire. Yay for junky code!

Well the only thing that happens is that little window where it says "This Program has encountered an error and needs to close", then it gives you the option to send the error to microsoft, dont send or debug, and debug doesnt do anything. it just closes the program,

I did get a virus recently but i got rid of it, that might have been the cause of it but im not to sure

Just make sure you got completely rid of that virus. I've thought that in the past, only to have some dumb file that was incognito rear its ugly head and cause my problems a month or so down the line. Turns out I never got completely rid of the original problem. Theres only one sure way to get rid of a virus, buy a 50" plasma TV...wait..no sorry..I used that excuse for something else. Reformat the drive..that's what I meant. :crazy