violation #80503?

Rof

Can some 1 tell me what exactly is violation #80503? I know it's pb group for gamehack, but that's all. Search on google didn't give any answear. Maybe some 1 can help?

Can pb kick for this thing: Link Removed and give as reason violation #80503?

Edited by daredevil
Link was of cheating website and hence removed.

• Clan Friend

hmm apart from the fact that posting links to cheaters websites is not nice, I don't know how that thing works, but if it hooks into et it could be detected as a cheat. I wouldn't use it if I were you.

If you have to control winamp just minimize et and change song... easy and safe.

2 all that was shocked about link I post - it was 2 program 4 winamp, not cheat. Yes it was publish on cheat site, but wasn't link 4 some hax, so chill.

I ask it, cuz one of player on our server say that pb kick him cuz of that program and I wonder if some 1 here know it's possible.

If you have to control winamp just minimize et and change song... easy and safe.

Most simple is use hot keys ;)

• Clan Friend

2 all that was shocked about link I post - it was 2 program 4 winamp, not cheat. Yes it was publish on cheat site, but wasn't link 4 some hax, so chill.

I ask it, cuz one of player on our server say that pb kick him cuz of that program and I wonder if some 1 here know it's possible.

Most simple is use hot keys ;)

I wasn't shocked, everyone interested in some crap sites can use a search engine, even if you don't post such links, but it's a matter of principle. hax website is hax website.

And yes, most simple is using hot keys, but one thing is some software which 'listens' to the keys you press by means of some os thing, like rawinput or similar, and sends some simulated keys to winamp, thus without interfering with et at all, another thing is writing stuff into et console, and even worse hooking into et's window procedure to listen for keys from there. Maybe it's not detected, but it could be, if pb did a better job.

imho anything which writes into et memory or et console from outside could be regarded as a hack

p.s.

for anyone wondering about how I know what that winamp thing does, yesterday I had (of course via b**menot website, I don't have accounts in hacker sites, since I hate cheaters) downloaded the source code of that winamp thing and (quickly) checked what it did.

I always think, that hot key are on key that is not use in ET or it's combination of keys (like alt + p). But didn't know that some add 4 winamp can be detected by pb. And dunno what 4 it's write 2 ET memory.

Anyway it's posible, as U say, that pb detected that and kicked 4 that?

• Clan Friend

I always think, that hot key are on key that is not use in ET or it's combination of keys (like alt + p). But didn't know that some add 4 winamp can be detected by pb. And dunno what 4 it's write 2 ET memory.

Anyway it's posible, as U say, that pb detected that and kicked 4 that?

You should ask evenbalance.

I didn't write pb, and I don't know how it works internally, and what it checks and doesn't check.

If I had written punkbuster, I would probably check if someone changed the windowproc among other things, and also notice, that winamp thing is a dll, and you can't load a dll by itself, you have to inject it into et by means of some hax, or other software, otherwise you cannot swap the normal window procedure with that fake one, it must be in et's memory space to be called.

In other words, even if it's not a cheat it 'acts' exactly like one, and pb might detect it as one (well, pb is crap, but you never know). Remember how many people were 'busted' because they had used dinput, which wasn't a cheat, then pb removed the bans after a while? Even xfire if I remember correctly. Writing into et console was used by all those dynotimers, etfakt, and such stuff, which is forbidden in tournaments, but pb never kicked anyone for that.

So, to make it short: you need to ask evenbalance, not me. I don't know how pb works, I just happen to know C and so I know what that winamp thing does, but that's all.