• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

Whatcha usin?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Razzled

Razzled

L5: Journeyman

• Regular User
  • 766 posts
A step in the right direction
  • Admin:0
  • Server:None
I play on a lap top and find it a biotch to match up against a decent player so I'ma askin whatcha usin?? Controler or the buttons and mouse?? Thanks, Razzled

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

Wifestein

Wifestein

L11: Assassin

• Regular User
  • 6,309 posts
Mouse and the keyboard :] also on laptop lol ^^

Fb!N!nJa

Fb!N!nJa

L7: Teacher

• Regular User
  • 1,141 posts
  • Admin:3
you can play et wit a controller?!!?!?!?? if you can then im missin out on ALOT

Zuthus

Zuthus

L8: Grand Teacher

• Regular User
  • 1,596 posts
  • Admin:11
  • Server:Jay2
Contributor
:agree

I play with laptop, too. I use a Logitech mouse and a keyboard :D

Razzled

Razzled

• Regular User
  • 766 posts
Hmmmm....maybe my reflexes are just slow due to my advanced age. : ) Thanks for the answers.

Chuckun

Chuckun

The Chuckunator

• Co-Leader
  • 5,935 posts
Name known to all
  • Admin:19
  • Server:Hardcore ET
  • Alias:=F|A=TeaAndScones
Contributor
External mouse and built in keyboard on a XPS 15 :)

When I get 100+ FPS I play fine.. But when I have a slow connection day, I play like crap ^_^

Chuckun

Achiyan

Achiyan

Huge thanks to Vix. I love this!!!

• ET Member
  • 2,439 posts
Has a brilliant future
  • Admin:14
  • Server:Jay1
  • T-M:ET: 1-1

Donator

you can play et wit a controller?!!?!?!?? if you can then im missin out on ALOT

yeah, you can play with controllers. ET has a very basic controller "button mapping schematic". (didnt know what to call it. lol) when i first started playin ET a few years ago, i only had a laptop with one of those touchpad mouses....sucked hard. so i used my 360 controller with keys mapped with xpadder:) works wonders if you are good with console shooters. had X set for sprint, A was jump, B was use, Y was reload, RT was shoot, RB was weapon change up, LB was weapon change down, RT was alternate fire, right analong was mouse funtions (aim), clicking right mouse was crouch, left analog was WSAD, and clicking that in was prone. the BACK button was for Limbo and the START button was ESC. set up pretty much just like Battlefield Modern Combat 2.

Chuckun

Chuckun

The Chuckunator

• Co-Leader
  • 5,935 posts
Name known to all
Contributor
f*** that's awesome! Never thought of that.. I'm so tempted to get a controller now xD

Razzled

Razzled

• Regular User
  • 766 posts

f*** that's awesome! Never thought of that.. I'm so tempted to get a controller now xD

I'ma take a drive to Best Buy and see if there is some kinda controller I can pick up. Thanks all for the responses.

Saizou

Saizou

L7: Teacher

• Leader
  • 1,445 posts
On the road to fame
  • Admin:20
  • Alias:Saizou, Boris
Contributor

yeah, you can play with controllers. ET has a very basic controller "button mapping schematic". (didnt know what to call it. lol) when i first started playin ET a few years ago, i only had a laptop with one of those touchpad mouses....sucked hard. so i used my 360 controller with keys mapped with xpadder:) works wonders if you are good with console shooters. had X set for sprint, A was jump, B was use, Y was reload, RT was shoot, RB was weapon change up, LB was weapon change down, RT was alternate fire, right analong was mouse funtions (aim), clicking right mouse was crouch, left analog was WSAD, and clicking that in was prone. the BACK button was for Limbo and the START button was ESC. set up pretty much just like Battlefield Modern Combat 2.

How did you manage to assign functions to analog sticks? I tried making my joystick work with ET, and ET recognizes the joystick, buttons work fine but I didn't know how to use x and y analog axis to work as a mouse (or to do any other function for that matter)?

EDIT: I fail to read, you used xpadder to do it. Do you know by any chance if it works with classic joysticks ("stick on a base" ones)?

Achiyan

Achiyan

Huge thanks to Vix. I love this!!!

• ET Member
  • 2,439 posts
Has a brilliant future
  • Admin:14
  • T-M:ET: 1-1

Donator

How did you manage to assign functions to analog sticks? I tried making my joystick work with ET, and ET recognizes the joystick, buttons work fine but I didn't know how to use x and y analog axis to work as a mouse (or to do any other function for that matter)?

EDIT: I fail to read, you used xpadder to do it. Do you know by any chance if it works with classic joysticks ("stick on a base" ones)?

lol...true classic. as far as i know, xpadder is compatible with all forms of joysticks. as long as the pc can read it then xpadder should be able to also. it just picks up the signal of whats pressed or direction of sticks. try it out. i think its still freeware. if not then im sure you can find older versions which still are. i use version 5.3 or 5-3 i believe they call it.

EDIT: and another useful function of xpadder is not having to use the mouse if you have controller binded to mouse functions. my pc is connected to a HDTV via HMDI quite often. so pretty useful when watchin movies or browsing the forums :) i also have my d-pad binded to its respective arrow key functions. another + for flash games.

Chuckun

Chuckun

The Chuckunator

• Co-Leader
  • 5,935 posts
Name known to all
Contributor

lol...true classic. as far as i know, xpadder is compatible with all forms of joysticks. as long as the pc can read it then xpadder should be able to also. it just picks up the signal of whats pressed or direction of sticks. try it out. i think its still freeware. if not then im sure you can find older versions which still are. i use version 5.3 or 5-3 i believe they call it.

EDIT: and another useful function of xpadder is not having to use the mouse if you have controller binded to mouse functions. my pc is connected to a HDTV via HMDI quite often. so pretty useful when watchin movies or browsing the forums :) i also have my d-pad binded to its respective arrow key functions. another + for flash games.

I'm pretty interested now :D Thanks dude (+1 rep!)

Chuckun

*FEAR*ME*

*FEAR*ME*

L3: Novice

• User
  • 266 posts
Contributor
A crap Netbook that gets 7 fps on a good day. with internal keyboard, and wireless ghetto mouse lol.

krAzy :)

krAzy :)

L8: Grand Teacher

• ET Trial
  • 1,550 posts
On the road to fame
  • Admin:11
  • Server:Silent #1
  • Alias:krAzy:]
Contributor
i saw the other day in shot an adapter for PS2 controller to pc (with USB)...
does anyone have it???
and does it work with win7 64bit <_<

Chuckun

Chuckun

The Chuckunator

• Co-Leader
  • 5,935 posts
Name known to all
Contributor

i saw the other day in shot an adapter for PS2 controller to pc (with USB)...
does anyone have it???
and does it work with win7 64bit <_<

http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B000F6BGXY

Looks poor quality but reviews says that works fine with Win7 - maybe check that out?

Chuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users