ETLegacy Issue

SyNDr0m3b9

https://dev.etlegacy.com/projects/etlegacy/wiki/FAQ#ERROR-Fail-00-Canrsquot-open-PK3

Troubleshooting

ERROR: Fail 00: Can’t open PK3...

In this case ETL has detected an unwanted file in the game file sytem. In most cases these are direct downloads by a servers. These files are trashed - simply join another server!

Run pk cleaner and trt to join lets say jay 2 . And then try join back jay 1

pk3 cleaner did nothing unless I'm using it wrong but assuming u just find your game directory and boom it works, couldn't connect to ANY server without it crashing or getting some other pk3 message error.....Fresh install and everything seems to work just fine now...I hope 

We are currently working on updating both our PK3 Cleaner and Menu files to help with missing file issues when connecting to our servers through ET:Legacy.
At this time, I wouldn't say that the PK3 cleaner is fully compatible with ET:L.

My guess is that your issue is related to ET:L devs blocking a long-term issue that I would refer to as "menu wars". So any PK3 with a tilde (x52 or whatever) isn't getting downloaded after they're deleted by the PK3 cleaner.

Even though this topic was regarding a silEnT server, it's worth a read: https://fearless-assassins.com/topic/98348-etlegacy-cant-connect-to-silent-servers/

My understanding is that the "workaround" for now is to transfer Pak files from an old 2.6b installation to your ET:L\etmain folder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2