Planning a trip to Europe - Suggestions

Sakis

I intend to make a trip to Europe with no particular destination in mind. The intent is to see the area around my destination, and then perhaps use it as a launchpad for other destinations - perhaps in neighboring countries even. I was thinking of Southern France, or maybe Northern Italy and then getting around to France, Austria, Germany, etc. Would anyone be willing to suggest places to visit along the way? 

• Like 1

If you intend to pass by South-east of France, i could recommend few places and even, maybe, show you around, depending on the dates ofc.

• Like 2

If you intend to pass by South-east of France, i could recommend few places and even, maybe, show you around, depending on the dates ofc.

I do intend to. I was thinking of Monaco ,Nice, Saint Tropez is a possibility too. The timeframe is somewhere between July 1st to August 31st.

Cool Cities:

- Amsterdam, Berlin (Party, nightlife, good time)

- Paris, Barcelona, Rom, Verona, Nice (Culture, History)

- Prague, Berlin, London (my favorites)

Areas:

- Normandy - France - (WW2 france)

normandy.jpg

- Tuscany - Italy - (Freaking gorgeous)

tuscany.jpg

- Lake Garda - Italy

lake_garda.jpg

Germany is pretty much dead center. Munich is probably location wise the best. From there Austria and Switzerland are in the 1-2 hour radius. You are also pretty fast in France and Italy. Spain is a bit off and requires a longer drive or flight.

Edited by redy.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I do intend to. I was thinking of Monaco ,Nice, Saint Tropez is a possibility too. The timeframe is somewhere between July 1st to August 31st.

For southern France, if you like beaches those are nice, if you like landscapes I'd rather suggest the Provence. If you have more time the South West is nice, Toulouse is great to party and you can go around the city to have various nice landscapes (Pyrenees mountains, Massif Central, Northern Spain).