Can some one please help me, I'm making a map :D

laggermcjagger

I NEED the power of the banana man! I'll try to figure it out, thanks. I'll take my time toying with it. The job interview went well. Mapping is creative, I'm having fun. I have so many ideas, that I can't use and many that I can. 

Thanks for all the help, I'll let you know when I figure it out. I haven't tried again yet. 

It works perfectly! I nearly have the power of the bananna! Thank you, I just can't get rid of that pesky white background. I've tried like 3 different scripts. The script in your file that animates works Perfectly but unfortunately the background is not transparent. So I tried the windows transparency script for the animated textures and couldn't get it to work, so I tried the transparency you taught me when I made the mirror and my other transparent textures, that too isn't working. So I'm struggling to make it transparent. But, as far as animation goes it's working. 

Thank you, I'll keep toying with it. 

Sizes can be fitted using the S key in radiant and fit it 1 to 1 and rotate scale shift etc.

As for sizes of image 256x256 or 512x512 I use is normal unless you got a big image for ceiling or sky thats 768x768 or 1024x1024

Also think of it as a point of view from 0 to 128 lines in radiant is ceiling to floor clearance to make it look normal windows are typically half that but it's okay to use 256x256 it makes it look a little better.

The statues in the room were beyond me, so I've hired on a 3d Modeler to create them for me. She's experienced making low vertice models. I'm looking towards seeing what she comes up with. This map is going to have a lot of credits. I couldn't do it , much like I couldn't do other things on my own. 3 people have technically worked on this mapping project so far, 2 in addition to myself. I won't be forgetting that any time soon. 

Thank you all for your continued support and help, I really couldn't do it without you. 

Here is some of her work. She's excited to do it, and I'm excited too. I tried and tried, but couldn't get it. I feel much better putting the job into her hands. I also made her an ET player. By suggesting she use Radiant and Enemy Territory directly to see the results of her work. 

http://tundraviolet.deviantart.com/art/MMD-Pokemon-New-trainer-Aria-653286740

• Like 1

I understand the not being able to do it. It's not a easy feat takes lots of practice or years or experience messing with it.

Hung around and played with I started on just horsing around for a feel work's keeping me from doing my hobby lol

35akx8l.jpg

• Like 1

Do you mind if I take some of your textures. I can't get the fan to be transparent. Since I have a modeler working on the statues, the next step for me is to start leaving the room. But I still wanted to finish the first room. That map is looking legit:D  Isn't it fun!? It's so much fun.  I have more to do with the first room but I'm getting eager to move out of it. I guess this sort of thing takes time. It's just that I wanted to spend time in the first room until I liked it. Your script worked perfectly for the fan. 

I've studied this palace more than any one would want to, it's actually called Amer fort, and its in India. Forget the exact location. Ah, it's in Amer India, now I remember :D 

Edited by laggermcjagger

Sure you can use what you want it all come off of google search.

There is 2 fan textures in your pack files just fallow the path. textures/sfx/fan

textures/sfx/fan
{
	cull none
	nopicmip
	surfaceparm nomarks
	surfaceparm trans
	{
		clampmap textures/sfx/fan.tga
		blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ZERO
		alphaFunc GE128
		rgbGen identity
		tcMod rotate 256
	}
	{
		map $lightmap
		blendFunc GL_DST_COLOR GL_ZERO
		depthFunc equal
		rgbGen identity
	}
}

textures/sfx/fan_static
{

qer_editorimage textures/sfx/fan.tga
	cull none
	nopicmip
	surfaceparm nomarks
	surfaceparm trans
	{
		clampmap textures/sfx/fan.tga
		blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ZERO
		alphaFunc GE128
		rgbGen identity
	}
	{
		map $lightmap
		blendFunc GL_DST_COLOR GL_ZERO
		depthFunc equal
		rgbGen identity
	}
}
  • Like 1

Sorry I'm so obsessed with this. I will try to go a while without contacting you. I don't want to be a bother. I'm too absorbed into this right now. Sorry about that. As for your help, THANKS again. I'll use this script soon. Thank you. You're incredible DDragon. You're one of the most helpful people I've ever met. I'll try harder to bother you less often.

Edited by laggermcjagger

With transparent textures I can add great depths of realism to this map. But, I'm getting afraid of the end file size of my map. There are several ways to add realism to a map like this with textures but the more I add to it, the larger the file becomes. 

Yes it costs memory to have good looking things. Only thing I can think of saving memory would be to use .pcx which is a bitmap image a text file or reduce size of images with the color palette rendering size like from 256 million colors to half or a quarter of that making a gif image first then converting to tga. 

pcx is used with easygen to make terrains also can be used to make models or convert to pcx

256 is best

128 is moderate

64 is bad

just something to look into

for instance this is what I mean.

two images gain some of the file size by reducing it couldnt upload to tinypic so I use my gdrive sorry

256 million colors

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8gNLkPANLuxSEN0aE1GdzZSTUk/view

128 million colors

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8gNLkPANLuxamJXSmpSRkRBdEk/view

• Like 1

I think I'll optimize my files, and delete what I'm not using. I really want to do my best to make this map pretty. How big should the map be? I haven't compiled anything, I'm just looking at individual files, and some of the file sizes seem large. I'll try to optimize everything as much as possible. I have to keep in my mind early in the process that if I do finish my map people have to download it through ET and it can't be too large.