Can some one please help me, I'm making a map :D

laggermcjagger

I'm at my wits end with these statues. I think I want to hire some one. 20 US dollars for any one interested in making a low vertice model of a statue for me. There is no ONE statue, they are all different and the references photos aren't very great... it's a movie scene... So, it needs to be recreated entirely. Some one did make a sculpture interpretation, but I can't use it as a 3d model. Also, I'm not sure it's very accurate. There will be some artistic liberty here. But for any one interested in making 20 dollars for a low vertice model, contact me. 

I've updated the pillars. The brown texture is a placement texture. The other textures and models are pretty much finished. I didn't want to put that many vertices into the pillar but I felt that I had to. I'm stilling looking for some one to help me model the statues as I feel that's a bit beyond me. Slight tweaks to the textures, but it's more or less... 

post-20995-0-21481500-1495556380_thumb.jpg

Edited by laggermcjagger

More job interviews in my field, so that means less time on the map, less time to learn how to 3d model. So if any one is interested or knows any one who may be interested, please reach out to me. I'm looking for a 3d modeler. 

Those look fine not sure where the problem is. zip what your doing an mail me it will look at it.

I'm happy with the top of the pillars. It's the figurines that I'm obsessing over. The farther I get in my mapping project, the more I care about details. I've put a lot of time into the figurines, the women, but I just don't feel it's close enough. I know I can't get everything the way I want it, and that the map doesn't have to be THAT close to the real deal, but this is something I've wanted to do for longer than I can remember and I just want to get it as right as I can. You've helped me so much already. I can't thank you enough. 

:D After I'm done obsessing over the details, statues in the room, I will need to refer back to your "statue moving scripts." ( As I'm calling them.)  The next room is actually a set of hall ways leading into a small red cavern, leading into the kalimar ritual room, then finally down into the mines. I think I'll put barricades between these locations, or bridges. 

This map might be longer, if at the end I see I can do more. I'd like to play around with water falls, things like that. I've never seen a realistic looking water fall in ET. I've been playing around with textures, basic scripts and I think it's entirely feasible to make a water fall, that looks and moves realistically. I have so many ideas, that just won't necessarily fit into my mapping project. It's a shame. 

:D , I' m trying to add an animated texture, fan. How do I add a texture that's animated in script? I have the parts of the animation. I'll try to look it up, but I'm adding a fan. I may also add wind for the curtains, things of that nature once I figure it out. Thanks. 

textures/testmap/fan1
{
qer_editorimage textures/testmap/fan1.tga
cull disable
nomipmaps
nopicmip
surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm alphashadow
surfaceparm metalsteps
surfaceparm nonsolid
surfaceparm playerclip
surfaceparm pointlight
surfaceparm trans
implicitMask textures/testmap/fan1.tga

{
      map textures/testmap/fan1.tga
      blendfunc GL_ONE GL_ZERO
      alphafunc GE128

}
   {
map $lightmap
blendFunc GL_DST_COLOR GL_ZERO
rgbgen identity
   }
}

textures/testmap/fan2
{
qer_editorimage textures/testmap/fan2.tga
cull disable
nomipmaps
nopicmip
surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm alphashadow
surfaceparm metalsteps
surfaceparm nonsolid
surfaceparm playerclip
surfaceparm pointlight
surfaceparm trans
implicitMask textures/testmap/fan2.tga

{
      map textures/testmap/fan2.tga
      blendfunc GL_ONE GL_ZERO
      alphafunc GE128

}
   {
map $lightmap
rgbgen identity
   }
}

textures/testmap/fan3
{
qer_editorimage textures/testmap/fan3.tga
cull disable
nomipmaps
nopicmip
surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm alphashadow
surfaceparm metalsteps
surfaceparm nonsolid
surfaceparm playerclip
surfaceparm pointlight
surfaceparm trans
implicitMask textures/testmap/fan3.tga

{
      map textures/testmap/fan3.tga
      blendfunc GL_ONE GL_ZERO
      alphafunc GE128

}
   {
map $lightmap
rgbgen identity
   }
}

textures/testmap/fan4
{
qer_editorimage textures/testmap/fan4.tga
cull disable
nomipmaps
nopicmip
surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm alphashadow
surfaceparm metalsteps
surfaceparm nonsolid
surfaceparm playerclip
surfaceparm pointlight
surfaceparm trans
implicitMask textures/testmap/fan4.tga

{
      map textures/testmap/fan4.tga
      blendfunc GL_ONE GL_ZERO
      alphafunc GE128

}
   {
map $lightmap
rgbgen identity
   }
}

textures/testmap/fan1
{
surfaceparm nomarks
q3map_surfacelight 500
qer_editorimage textures/testmap/fan1
{
animMap 4 textures/testmap/fan1 textures/testmap/fan2 textures/testmap/fan3 textures/testmap/fan4 textures/testmap/fan4 
blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ONE
rgbGen wave sawtooth 0 1 0 10
}
}

That's my script, it does nothing. Any one see why? Thanks... It should be obvious to some one, I'd assume. And yes, the map is still called testmap. :D
Edited by laggermcjagger

Will write it sometime today have to do some work and clean up around the house before I can play .

There's a script already available in the pak0.pk3 for a fan and one for a flame/fire check sfx script if you don't figure it out by the time I get back I'll write one.

• Like 1

I don't have a sfx folder :D Do I need to make one? I'll try to figure it out. 

I have a job interview in my field again today. But, other than that I've had not much else to do today I'll try to find the file you're referring to, thank you. 

post-20995-0-63739400-1495646653_thumb.png

It's sfx.shader comes with gtkradiant 

here this explain better 

use AnimMap then time 

and mind the spaces between each .tag texture

if you use sawtooth or wave it will deform the shader.

https://icculus.org/gtkradiant/documentation/Q3AShader_Manual/ch05/pg5_1.htm

6.1.3 AnimMap <frequency> <texture1> … <texture8>
The surfaces in the game can be animated by displaying asequence of 1 to 8 frames (separate texture maps). These animations are affected by other keyword effects in the same and later shader stages.
<Frequency>: the number of times that the animation cycle will repeat within a one second time period. The larger the value, the more repeats within a second. Animations that should last for more than a second need to be expressed as decimal values. 
<texture1> …<texture8>: the texture path/texture name for each animation frame must be explicitly listed. Up to eight frames (eight separate .tga files) can be used to make an animated sequence. Each frame is displayed for an equal subdivision of the frequency value.

Example: AnimMap 0.25 animMap 10textures/sfx/b_flame1.tga textures/sfx/b_flame2.tga textures/sfx/b_flame3.tgatextures/sfx/b_flame4.tga would be a 4 frame animated sequence, calling each frame in sequence over a cycle length of 4 seconds. Each frame would be displayed for 1 second before the next one is displayed. The cycle repeats after the last frame in sequence is shown.

Design Notes: To make a texture image appear for an unequal (longer) amount of time (compared to other frames), repeat that frame more than once in the sequence.
textures/sfx/flameanim_blue
{

//	*************************************************
	//	*	Blue Flame				*
	//	*	July 20, 1999 Surface Light 1800 	*
	//	*	Please Comment Changes			*
	//	*************************************************
	qer_editorimage textures/sfx/b_flame7.tga
	q3map_lightimage textures/sfx/b_flame7.tga
	surfaceparm trans
	surfaceparm nomarks
	surfaceparm nolightmap
	cull none
	q3map_surfacelight 1800
	// texture changed to blue flame.... PAJ
	{
		animMap 10 textures/sfx/b_flame1.tgatextures/sfx/b_flame2.tga
textures/sfx/b_flame3.tga textures/sfx/b_flame4.tgatextures/sfx/b_flame5.tga
textures/sfx/b_flame6.tga textures/sfx/b_flame7.tgatextures/sfx/b_flame8.tga
		blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ONE
		rgbGen wave inverseSawtooth 0 1 0 10

}
	{
		animMap 10 textures/sfx/b_flame2.tgatextures/sfx/b_flame3.tga
textures/sfx/b_flame4.tga textures/sfx/b_flame5.tgatextures/sfx/b_flame6.tga
textures/sfx/b_flame7.tga textures/sfx/b_flame8.tgatextures/sfx/b_flame1.tga
		blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ONE
	}
	{
		map textures/sfx/b_flameball.tga
		blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ONE
		rgbGen wave sin .6 .2 0 .6
	}
}
  • Like 1

Well, pretty sure my script is right but the image is static, non changing. I don't really understand what I'm typing yet.  I have a job interview soon. Thanks for all the help.  I'm doing something wrong, apparently. Or I missed a step, something. I'll keep trying of course, but if you have time and see something let me know. Thanks. If not I understand and I'll try to figure it out on my own.

textures/testmap/fan1
{

qer_editorimage textures/testmap/fan1.tga
q3map_lightimage textures/testmap/fan1.tga
surfaceparm trans
surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nolightmap
cull none
q3map_surfacelight 1800

{
AnimMap 0.25 animMap 10 textures/tesmap/fan1.tga textures/testmap/fan2.tga
textures/testmap/fan3.tga textures/testmap/fan4.tga
blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ONE
rgbGen wave inverseSawtooth 0 1 0 10

}
{
AnimMap 0.25 animMap 10 textures/testmap/fan1.tga textures/testmap/fan2.tga
textures/testmap/fan3.tga textures/testmap/fan4.tga 
blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ONE
}
{
map textures/testmap/fan1.tga
blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ONE
rgbGen wave sin .6 .2 0 .6
}
}

I'm working on it, but at the moment feeling inept. I have 4 separate TGA files, fan 1, fan 2, fan 3, fan 4. They are saved in Textures/testmap/
They all have a black alpha layer and are transparent. 

I have in Radiant, used the texture fan 1 located in Textures/ testmap/ 

And in game, it doesn't change, nothing happens. :D 

I took a gif, it had 4 layers. I divided the layers into 4 separate files, created them as transparent images within Enemy territory GTK radiant. Saved all 4 in the appropriate folder. 
I made a shader file where I made each image transparent. I now have a separate shader file where I am trying to animate them. This is shown above. But, so far... it's just the first image and no change.

I'll work with it, but sadly I'm not catching on yet. I'll have to look it over and try to understand what I'm looking at. I want to learn as much as I can at the start of this project to make the rest easier. There is quite a lot to learn based on this one room. 
Edited by laggermcjagger

Took me a min to notice this you have two variations of the same thing with different times use one of them 

AnimMap 0.25 animMap 10 change to one of them.

Also you will have to do it some what like this start small then add more till you get the desired image movement.

textures/testmap/fan1
{

qer_editorimage textures/testmap/fan1.tga
{
AnimMap 10 textures/tesmap/fan1.tga textures/testmap/fan2.tga textures/testmap/fan3.tga textures/testmap/fan4.tga
}

}

also note the time are intervals in seconds divided bye number of frames

When messing with transparent items use blendFunc with a key of ( add blend or filter )

Had me create a image sequence cause I didn't notice the two AnimMap's so I will share what I have made.

This is for radiant only not complete no scripts but for the shader can be run in devmap .

You can find the script on the bottom of office.shader

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8gNLkPANLuxcjlSNFNVaXhGaEE

You will see transparent script from the window texture as well and a door script most what you need to make a room. The rest are default textures. 

Enjoy.

• Like 1

You have to extract these files and add it to the project folders you are working on is what I mean it wont play with devmap unless you make a game manager which I could have not to hard.

game manager

{

}

• Like 1