Why even try to update win7 when the updater knows your system is too old

Ol Smoke

Here is something for you to think about?

When I first tried to do the update to Win10, MS ran a program to tell me if my system would be able to accept the update.

After 45 minutes a screen came up saying that my system was okay to do the update.  So I started the download,

and the install procedure.

After about 2 hours, the system restarted, brought up the Windows 10 welcome screen and everything.  Then it

all stopped and a big window came up and said that due to the type of CPU I have, and the motherboard I am using

Windows 10 could not be installed on my system.  Then it shut off and rebooted.  Then the crap began.  I kept getting

error after error.  Well, luckily I never install anything without cloning the drive first.  So that is what I did and everything

came back to the way it was before.

Now riddle me this Windows Men....if it knew what CPU and MB I had, before it tried to install Windows 10, why didn't

it stop at that point?

Befuddled in Oregon

Edited by Ol' Smoke

• Leader

45 minutes???  Maybe the update-checker program got confused?  Plus, you are supposed to be able to roll-back to your original OS in the first month after installing Win10, which seems like that should have happened automatically when the install failed, so ... FUBAR!

O'Smoke has always been a "statistical anomaly".  :(

• Like 1

• Leader

That sounds like something you should report to MicroSoft, if you can find out where.

Maybe they have a fix for that...that won't make things worse.  :D