MAC OSX 10.8.5 Having trouble joining the server

Sgtweed

Hey guys,

So I downloaded the game, punkbuster, and jaymod (from the website since automatically downloading it from the server was making me crash). When I try to connect to the server, it sends me into a loop of awaiting gamestate and downloading. It looks as if I'm downloading some server redirect package or something, but I never get past the awaiting gamestate and downloading. The two stages switch every two seconds or so. This problem only occurs on this server. If you guys could help me out, it would be much appreciated. I attached some screenshots of the loading page.post-11909-0-18384900-1391677336_thumb.pngpost-11909-0-81899400-1391677331_thumb.pngpost-11909-0-61011200-1391677333_thumb.pngpost-11909-0-74926600-1391677334_thumb.png

Thanks,

Sgt

Ok so I typed that in, and when I tried to connect it downloaded something fully, but then resorted back to awaiting gamestate and incomplete downloading. Now, when I try to connect to the server it shows this.post-11909-0-36379300-1391715961_thumb.png. I do have the F|A servers listed in the home page of the game though, so something must have been downloaded.

Hmm I was going to say use PK3 cleaner but its for Windows..

I dont know where files are stored on Mac OSx, but if you know where they are saved to, open the etmain folder and delete all the weird files such as ~~~~~~~~~.pk3, [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][].pk3, and also delete bba0-beta2.pk3 (and any temporary / tmp versions of it too) - if it didnt download correctly it could cause problems.

Does that help?

Ok well I deleted my jaymod folder and reinstalled it so the downloading/awaiting gamestate problem is fixed, but now when I try to join it says it will take 2 hours to download a map. Is there any way I can put the maps in my etmain folder so it won't take 2 hrs to download?