Need testers for =F|A=SmartBrowser Firefox Addon

Chuckun

Hello guys and girls,

Whether you're aware of it or not, or want it or not, there is an FA firefox addon (named =F|A=SmartBrowser) for easy navigation of the forums. I only have Windows right now so I need help from you guys.

What I need:

I need to know if there are any problems / if the addon works fine on Mac OS, and Linux

What You Need:

Mac OS (please specify your Mac OS version) with Firefox for Mac

or

Linux (please specify your distro) with Firefox for Linux

If anyone can give me answers as to whether the addon works on your Linux distribution or Mac OS version, then please do try it out for me and reply here with your answer.

Get the addon by clicking the Firefox Addon userbar in my signature.

Thanks guys!

Chuckun

UPDATE: We have a tracker section for bugs! http://fearless-assassins.com/tracker/project-16-smartbrowser-firefox-addon/

Is this the same version you posted in the announcement section?

It never worked for me with using Firefox 7.0.1 on my Macintosh 10.5.8 and it still does not work with Firefox 10.0.2 on Macintosh 10.7.3.

I can install it and I see the smart browser but clicking on the links does not do anything.

It never worked for me with using Firefox 7.0.1 on my Macintosh 10.5.8 and it still does not work with Firefox 10.0.2 on Macintosh 10.7.3.

I can install it and I see the smart browser but clicking on the links does not do anything.

Ohhh damn I didn't know that :/ Ok thanks, I've added that to the list of bugs.. Really need a tracker section for the addon, dare said he'd set one up but never got round to it :P

Doesn't work on Ubuntu 11.10 64bit either. The =F|A= appears in the global menu but clicking the links doesn't have any effect at all.

Edit: Its Firefox 10.0.2

Doesn't work on Ubuntu 11.10 64bit either. The =F|A= appears in the global menu but clicking the links doesn't have any effect at all.

Edit: Its Firefox 10.0.2

Does it work if you add it to the navigation bar? (right click anywhere on the navbar (not in the navigation field) and click 'customise', and drag the FA button somewhere onto the bar.. Does it work from there or is the entire fa_goto() function not working?

Chuck

Does it work if you add it to the navigation bar? (right click anywhere on the navbar (not in the navigation field) and click 'customise', and drag the FA button somewhere onto the bar.. Does it work from there or is the entire fa_goto() function not working?

Chuck

It does work from the navigation bar. Only using the global menu doesn't seem to work at all.

It does work from the navigation bar. Only using the global menu doesn't seem to work at all.

Ok thanks. That's very odd since it uses the same function from the same common function file lol :/ And both work on windows..

Can you try what I said to Kami too? It'd be good to know if that is the issue..

Cheers guys!

Ok thanks. That's very odd since it uses the same function from the same common function file lol :/ And both work on windows..

Can you try what I said to Kami too? It'd be good to know if that is the issue..

Cheers guys!

Works when its on the navigation bar.

Ok thanks :) And are you both seeing the munu item images along the left of each link in the menu?

Thanks so much for your help guys, knowing its the main menu item only will definitely help me discover the problem :)

Chuck

It seems the menuitem type 'menuitem-iconic' is not allowed by ubuntu under the default gconf settings. Nothing I can do about that..

Looking to fix the problem with the main menu item not loading any URLs now.

Oh yeah, completely forgot that ubuntu doesn't allow any icons in menus in the standard configuration. Changed the setting and now I got those icons.

Sorry for that.

• Like 1