Jobba

Im having a problem when playing ET on Hardcore?

Question

Well the probably is pretty minor. The problem is that, everytime i walk on a gun my class can use, i AUTOMATICALLY pick it up. So im just like playing with a mp40 medic, walk on a thompson and all of a sudden i have a thompson in my hand. I was like WTF, i didnt select this gun. Lol, Anybody know what is up with this?

7 answers to this question

I've never had this but it might be down to cg_autoactivate

Try \cg_autoactivate 0 - this will turn auto activate off - meaning you will have to open doors etc manually but hopefully wont pick up weapons.

If this fixes it, open autoexec.cfg in etmain and try to find cg_autoactivate - make sure it's set to 0 :)

Chuckun

I've never had this but it might be down to cg_autoactivate

Try \cg_autoactivate 0 - this will turn auto activate off - meaning you will have to open doors etc manually but hopefully wont pick up weapons.

If this fixes it, open autoexec.cfg in etmain and try to find cg_autoactivate - make sure it's set to 0 :)

Chuckun

Wth, some people DON'T manually open doors?! o.O

Wth, some people DON'T manually open doors?! o.O

I always thought the same thing - no idea who uses this function but I remembered reading about it once and thought it sounded like the problem causer xD

It will randomly activate on my game from time to time. If its not autoactivate, Im not sure what it is.

Ok I'm bumping this because no solid answer was ever given, and now I have this problem.

Contrary to my previous post, autoactivate has nothing to do with doors etc, that's autoaction.

/cg_autoactivate 0 stops me picking up random weapons automatically, but also stops me picking up medpacks and ammopacks from the floor.. which is b/s..

/cg_autoactivate 1 allows me to pickup med/ammo packs automatically, but still, I'm frigging picking up (and switching to) every wieldable weapon I walk over :( Including binocs ffs!

I've literally typed /cg_ and hit tab, to reel off every single cg_ variable, and found NOTHING I deem as potentially responsible for this problem.. I even tried cg_autoactivate 2 in case there are three settings for it (0-2) but it's not the case, and 2 is considered as 1.

Oooooh I will give that a try :D

Thank you! :D