Missing ET graphics

FiveMagic

Hi all.

I am very new to ET, but i have noticed some missing effects. In the Image you can sort of tell i am firing my gun, but there is no flash animation and when i see gameplay videos on youtube the graphics look way better then this, i have a ati 4570 (windows 7) which should be more then enough. What should i do :huh:

post-3743-0-84950800-1289686244_thumb.png

ok ^^

In game, just open the console witth "²" touch (close it is the same) and then write "/cg_muzzleflash 1" and push return.

You will put the cvar cg_muzzleflash to 1 instead of 0 (1 : draw flash when firing, 0 : no)

Edited by Nico-Nazkar

Thanks! it worked but now i noticed there is a delay between the bullets coming out of the gun compared to the flash.

i tried capturing the bullets in this new screen shot but it did not work, i used paint (yellow lines) to show where the bullets we coming out when i was running sideways.

post-3743-0-31655200-1289688284_thumb.png

Nice to see you trying out ET, even I don't know what all the cvars do, there are loads of them. Maybe it'd be best to request your own .cfg with settings you like so you don't have to mess with all those options yet.

Here are a couple of CVARS I'd recommend for every player.

You can either input these manually or add them to a cfg. Since your new I would suggest using the search feature on the forums for more information on cfgs.

Drop down your console and input these. You can also do it from the mod menu, but I find it's easier just to type it.

/cg_lagometer 1

-Will bring up your lag-O-meter so you can get a visual reference of how your connection is doing.

/cg_drawfps 1

-Will show you your FPS. Ideally you want these stable, so if you fluctuate between 70 and 90, capping your FPS at 76 may help improve your results.

/players

This is not a setting, but will show you in console what yours as well as others connection settings are. If your connection is 5000, then your connection is set for dial up. You'll see most players have a setting between 22000 and 45000. I know F|A forces settings above 20000 on almost all of their servers but if your getting lag, that may help you out.

Also I would recommend adjusting your cursor to a smaller size and turn off pulsing. There are many more cvars which can be tweaked til your content, but at least with the ones I've listed it will give you a start and the next time you take a screenshot then everyone can see how your lagometer and FPS are looking.

:geek:

Edited by NoGooD