"GLW_StartOpenGL()- could not load  openGL subsystem."

Dhanu

In my new PC I installed enemy territory and when I'm going to start the following error occurred. How to fix this error. Please help.

"GLW_StartOpenGL()- could not load  openGL subsystem."

Capture.PNG

• Like 1

same problem that happened to mazuelos68, he decided to restore his PC to a previous date and it was solved 

if you do not have more options try that

• Like 1

creating a shortcut of et.exe and editing the properties "target" will override any config settings and don't have to edit any configs or change files in WolfET folder

add this to the end of the shortcut target and change the width and height of your display monitor

+r_customwidth "1366" +r_customheight "768"  +set r_mode "-1" +vid_restart

should look like this

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\et.exe" +r_customwidth "1366" +r_customheight "768" +set r_mode "-1" +vid_restart

but really its more or less a directx issue because the image supplied from first post is a error of a clean install r_mode is set to 3 with resolution 800x600 it should open at that range the pixel format was unreadable doesn't say anything about resolution or error outside of 3dfx not working

this game can run on integrated graphics if the driver for the graphics card like Ati is unsupported for the pixel format just disable the driver in device manager you will still get the pass through on graphics

• Like 1