Russo* - problem with fps/network lags and F|A beginners server.

Russo

IMPORTANT - I DO NOT SPEAK ENGLISH - PLEASE RESPOND IN PORTUGUESE

Hello,

I am Russo*, player from F|A #1 server.

I need your help regarding performance of my PC/game - I have severe fps/network lags while I play ET. My second problem is that I cannot join F|A Beginners server at all.

I am looking forward to your answers.

I have set r_primitives to 2

/rate is 45000

/cl_maxpackets 100

I have changed battery/graphics settings to high performance. (my GPU is Intel HD 4000)

Is there anything more I can do?

IMPORTANT - I DO NOT SPEAK ENGLISH - PLEASE RESPOND IN PORTUGUESE

Thanks,

Russo*

=====

ola eu tento sempre entrar no FA BIGINNERS mas nunca consigo,gostava que me ajudassem, e no FA RECRUIT nao consigo jogar por causa do lag. obrigado.

The error I get when I try to connect to F|A Beginners is:

ERROR: protocol mismatch between client and server. the server you attempted to join is running an incompatibleb vertsion of the game. you or the server may be running older versions of game.

Edited by Russo

I think I kind of helped him through Teamviewer. I have determined that he couldn't connect to F|A Beginners because of 2.55 version of ET he was running, which I have fixed by installing 2.60b. And as far as fps/lags go he has Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics. So not much I could do there. Changed battery settings to "performance" both in graphics and system settings, but I doubt it will improve his situation a lot.

If you have some more ideas to improve his e-life feel free to share.

• Thanks 1

Hello friend, pass your complete setup of your computer so we can do a better analysis:

- processor
- memory
- video card
- internet speed
- Do you use cfg in the game?
- city (may have problems with routes)

• Leader
22 hours ago, .r... said:

HD 4000 integrated graphics

When I had to play via a core2 duo laptop from 2006(?), I had to set the graphics to low-res.  I still got 'lag' when there were a lot of players in view in open areas.  I would 'run through the tunnels' on Hydro-Dam and avoid the top of the dam.

Google-Porguguese : Google Português: Quando eu tive que jogar através de um laptop coreo duo de 2006 (?), Eu tive que configurar os gráficos para baixa resolução. Eu ainda tenho 'lag' quando havia muitos jogadores à vista em áreas abertas. Eu iria 'correr pelos túneis' na Hydro-Dam e evitar o topo da represa.

• Platinum VIP
On 4/23/2019 at 2:53 PM, b4ckdoor said:

Hello friend, pass your complete setup of your computer so we can do a better analysis:

- processor
- memory
- video card
- internet speed
- Do you use cfg in the game?
- city (may have problems with routes)

Cool! I guess I can speak Portuguese. Looks a lot like English, to me, though

• Haha 1

• Leader
On 4/23/2019 at 12:51 PM, .r... said:

I think I kind of helped him through Teamviewer.

I just remembered that "/r_primitives 2" might help him...(an FA server had that suggestion-banner :D )

See next post for .r...'s very gracious correction of my error here.  I forgot to re-read first post! :(  :D 

Edited by RedBaird
oops

6 hours ago, RedBaird said:

I just remembered that "/r_primitives 2" might help him...(an FA server had that suggestion-banner :D )

Hello,

r_primitives 2 is mentioned in original post 🙂

That was the first thing I asked him about, and he claimed it's set to 2. Later I have made sure it's set to 2 by making him execute config with this command in his ET while on Teamviewer.

Thanks for the suggestion though - that's indeed usually the source of fps problems in ET!

.r...

• Thanks 1

Hi Russo,

Perhaps someone could translate the Client Settings found here. While the graphics card is a bottleneck in this case I would like a description of the lag that you're experiencing. Are you seeing connection interrupted, sporadic FPS drops, or lagging more when there are a lot of grenades and players?

Regards,

Andrew