What I've been doing ( Large files, careful )

I haven't been around lately, figured I would justify that with at least some of what I've worked on.

I apologize for the size of 2 of these images, but they're for printing so they had to be done at a higher resolution/dpi to preserve detail at 8.5 inch page width. Besides which you just get more detail this way lol.

These are for a table-topminiatures game called reaverlords, scheduled to be released some time in 2011 from the makers of http://www.pulp-city.com/

First image is from my sketchbook, with the vectored text done directly over top of the original Image.

reaverlords_5.png

Second Image is the intermediate low resolution mock-up, before I had received a style guide

ReaverLords_final_ad2.png

This is what actually went to press (albeit on a different background) I believe there were posters in pulp-citys booth at gencon, but I've not had confirmation of that yet.

reaverlords_large.png

(Another Big One) This is preliminary work for a logo to an as of yet unannounced pen and paper RPG. The font is sure to change but the effects on it will probably stay fairly similar. The background is not part of the logo, just part of the presentation I am currently working on.

higher_res.png

I did the principle design for this site for free http://www.happyturtlespub.org/ Might be of interest to any turtle owners - The production ( xhtml, css, cutting of my images ) was handled by a third party and their admins, so I didn't really have any involvement in how it looks live. ( Not my favorite thing I've ever done, but I'm glad I could help them out. )

HTP_Layout_Final.png

I also designed the initial branding for Black Sun Press, which is the company under which a few pals and I are publishing some expansions to the pathfinder pen and paper RPG, and using as a catch-all for our publishing and design contracts. ( I suppose you would say we're using a slow-launch method, which means things are getting pieced together slowly while we continue to work on contracts we're already committed to, in effect, stuff gets done really slowly so we can feed ourselves in the mean time. )

present_example.png

close up of the CD

cd_example.png

Thats it really, I also have an metric ton of paintings and sketches ( traditional art ) from the past few months, but I rarely get around to scanning that stuff. I hope this doesn't stress anybodys connection, I've put a warning in the thread title in the hope that might help. Cheers, hope to see you guys on the servers again, and hopefully more often. Oh yeah I didn't pay for vray, if anybody wants to buy vray for me thats fine.. otherwise, don't complain =P

Hey thanks guys

@ Alexandra, the tentacles in that background were an attempt to ripoff the rendering style of H.R. Giger, I don't think I did him any justice, but if they look vaguely sexual then thats probably a step in the right direction.