News Machine OS and Misc Updates

daredevil

• Administrators

Sometime within next few weeks, I will be updating our machine OS and updating all other packages, when I get some time. Tentative down time would be of appx 2-4 hrs depending on how it goes. If something major goes wrong, I will post updates on our Discord channel. Just giving heads up. 

Update on US Linux machine is completed. New OS will bring updates for Apache, php and MySQL which will speed up our website as well.  Once that is done, I will start the work on website to update our pages which would include server status page, About Us, etc etc. 

In the mean time - we have re-started our US ETPRO Server. Server IP: sw2.clan-fa.com:27970. We will be soon adding one ETTV based server as well and that would make 2 US and 2 Euro ETPRO server respectively. 

If anyone knows any new games which is popular and where we can run our own servers, feel free to suggest.

Thank you

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

This update is completed. It took a while then I expected. Started at 11 AM finished at 11.06 PM. Done for the day. I will see you fraggers, tomorrow. Ding ding ding! Gn.

• Thanks 3

Like it´s with everything: "It´s gonna be easy they say, it´s gonna take 15 min they say" ;)

Pretty much how every new component installation in my PC have gone;)

Thanks for the hard work.

PS Do the updates have any benefits we could see? Or just updating old OS for security etc...

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Vanaraud said:

Like it´s with everything: "It´s gonna be easy they say, it´s gonna take 15 min they say" ;)

Pretty much how every new component installation in my PC have gone;)

Thanks for the hard work.

PS Do the updates have any benefits we could see? Or just updating old OS for security etc...

Just back end. Front end you would notice speed since I added Zend Opcache and removed Xcache. Front end updates, Chuckun is working on new website landing page. Apache, MySQL and php - all got updated. I still need to dump MySQL and migrate to MaridaDB but that's after few weeks. 

Another benefit is I can add elastic search which would help in searching. Support for it was just added in IPS so i am gonna wait for another 3-4 versions more before doing it.