Computer Fishtank.

*FEAR*ME*

so let me understand

mineral oil does not conduct electricity?

No, it doesn't :) even the outermost electrons of mineral oil are so tightly bound that there is essentially zero electron flow through them.

But seriously people, don't consider trying to "oil cool" your PC like that guy lolll. Absolutely horrible idea. Its just for the looks lol

wut, is it bad?

its bad because even though oil is better than air, it is so viscous that it will take longer for heat to be removed (so it sucks balls). Also to fill a small tank with mineral oil will cost you over $50 lol.

its bad because even though oil is better than air, it is so viscous that it will take longer for heat to be removed (so it sucks balls). Also to fill a small tank with mineral oil will cost you over $50 lol.

yep thats right say at lease over 100 bucks to fill a small tank with a atx mobo on it , if u have the money to burn do it but you could save a lil if you try cooking oil and get a small oil cool system to keep the oil cool .

fish tank pump and a used car radiator big time cooling lmao

• 3 weeks later...

so let me understand

mineral oil does not conduct electricity?

Yep. Water doesn't allow for fast enough cooling. You can also add an external oil cooler for extreme over clocking.

You might want to spend your money on this though...

http://www.asetek.com/markets/gaming.html

Edited by balin8r

• 2 months later...

well consider this...those fans are designed to move air not liquid, my guess is the fans will fail long before anything else...which means that there will nothing to move all the oil around. as far as cleaning ,denatured alcohol should wash everything like new for about $12 a gallon and there are some fast evap. water base cleaners out there that would do it also but they run in the $80 per gallon range