PC wont display

Roboes

BTW, which of Ann!bal's Beep-codes did yours sound like?

AWARD BIOS beep codes
Beeps repeating endlessly                       	RAM problem

even though I had no certainty, I had the feeling it was his RAM coz of the kind of beeping he described.. But since he gave really few details about specs so on, the best thing to do was to lay the list of beep codes here and to let him spot which one it is according his BIOS. Plus, this list might help someone else in the future.

• Like 4

BTW, which of Ann!bal's Beep-codes did yours sound like?

well, it was a long beeeeeep........beeeeeeep.......beeeeeeep, and none of the codes depicted such a sound.

maybe this:    "1-1-1-1     Unconfirmed beep code. Reseat RAM chips or replace RAM chips as possible solution"

I guess the 1-1-1-1 signifies long beeps in my situation...? but it was the RAm for some odd reason, my PC was sitting unused for a few weeks.

well, it was a long beeeeeep........beeeeeeep.......beeeeeeep, and none of the codes depicted such a sound.

maybe this:    "1-1-1-1     Unconfirmed beep code. Reseat RAM chips or replace RAM chips as possible solution"

I guess the 1-1-1-1 signifies long beeps in my situation...? but it was the RAm for some odd reason, my PC was sitting unused for a few weeks.

check the brand\model of your mobo on their site.. There in the specs section, you should get the type of BIOS.

Example with mine:

BIOS

64 Mb Flash ROM, UEFI AMI BIOS, PnP, DMI2.0, WfM2.0, SM BIOS 2.7, ACPI 2.0a, Multi-language BIOS, ASUS EZ Flash 2, ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3, F12 PrintScreen, F3 Shortcut Function and ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) memory information

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8Z77V_LK/specifications/

Or faster solution:

press Windows+R keys and in the "run box" type this: msinfo32 then Enter

Here you will get all the infos you need and this way you will know in case of future issues.

Edited by Ann!b@l
  • Like 2