APB All Points Bulletin

Tomato

So, who will be getting APB? I've pre-ordered already, and this Saturday they're opening the servers for an open beta available to all who pre-ordered it. I'm just wondering who's getting it so maybe we could all play together when it comes out.

• Administrators

The game is due for release on June 29 2010 in North America. A subscription-like system will be used, where players purchase game time for action districts, either by purchasing hours or by opting for an unlimited playtime option for 30 days. Players will be required to purchase a copy of the game, which will have an MSRP of $49.99 in the United States and will include 50 hours of initial game time. This is a surprising change since the game was first advertised as being a one time payment to play game.

I never knew it was originally going to be one-time payment only. But still, they have some very good pricing plans. If I recall correctly it's about $7 for 20 hours of gameplay if you don't play a lot, or $10 for a month. The hours you buy only apply to action districts. You get unlimited time to spend in the social districts after you buy the game, where you can customize your clothing, cars, and other stuff.

And I'm not sure whether or not I'm going Enforcer or Criminal. I'm leaning towards Enforcers because of the playstyle, but then I really like how the Criminal cars look.

Edited by Tomato

Sorry about double posting, but I want as many people to see this as possible.

Rock, Paper, Shotgun (the best PC gaming news site) is giving away 50,000 keys for a beta program starting tomorrow! If you haven't pre-ordered the game I highly suggest you try to get a key before they run out!

I used up my time in the action district, you're limited to only 5 hours for the beta. You can continue to use the social district to learn how to use the customizers and stuff though, which I've been doing a bit.