Help with recursive script for toggling between weapons with one mouse button

Beeshbum

Hello! I've been a long time ET Player, but just now getting back to it after years off. I used to have an autoexec.cfg that I no longer have, so trying to recreate it from memory which makes it a bit hard as I'm a bit rusty. 

In my autoexec.cfg, I used to have a script that would toggle a mouse thumb button between weapon 3 and weapon 2. The other mouse thumb button would toggle between weapon 6 and weapon 5. These were MOUSE5 and MOUSE4 buttons. I saw the examples in your tutorials, but I cannot get them to work. (http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/52-wolfenstein-et-binding/)

What I want to happen is, when using the first thumb button on the mouse (MOUSE5), I want it to toggle from main weapon (weapon 3) and go to the handgun (weapon 2) and back and forth each time I click it. Same for MOUSE4, but with weapon 6 and weapon 5.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've tried a few things and no avail.

I've been playing exclusively on your servers (one of the few I've seen without bots!). I'd like to try to regain my competitive form!

• Like 1

set weap3 "weaponbank 2; bind mouse5 vstr weap4"

set weap4 "weaponbank 3; bind mouse5 vstr weap3"

bind mouse5  "vstr weap3"

set weap1 "weaponbank 5; bind mouse4 vstr weap2"

set weap2 "weaponbank 6; bind mouse4 vstr weap1"

bind mouse4 "vstr weap1"

Add those to your config or autoexec. It will change to desired weaponbank when key is 'clicked'

• Like 2

Thanks! Works great! Any way to make it default to a particular weapon after something else is clicked? For instance, when I go to weapon 5 and then want to go back to 3 but use the MOUSE5 button, it will sometimes take me to the handgun. I'd prefer to always go to weapon 3 when I exit the "loop".

Thanks! Works great! Any way to make it default to a particular weapon after something else is clicked? For instance, when I go to weapon 5 and then want to go back to 3 but use the MOUSE5 button, it will sometimes take me to the handgun. I'd prefer to always go to weapon 3 when I exit the "loop".

Just invert weaponbanks in separate scripts so you would always start 'loop' with desired weaponbank. I made those scripts as requested - upon pressed - first pressed key - goes to weaponbank 2 and in other script 5.

So using this scripts you'll have on key press mouse5 changed weapon to 'weaponbank 2' and on next press on 'weaponbank 3', for mouse4 first press is 'weaponbank 5' and second press is 'weaponbank 6'.

set weap4 "weaponbank 3; bind mouse5 vstr weap3"
bind mouse5  "vstr weap3"

set weap1 "weaponbank 5; bind mouse4 vstr weap2"
bind mouse4 "vstr weap1"

And using this scripts you'll have on key press mouse5 changed weapon to 'weaponbank 3' and on next press on 'weaponbank 2', for mouse4 first press is 'weaponbank 6' and second press is 'weaponbank 5'. This is what I meant by invert :)

set weap3 "weaponbank 3; bind mouse5 vstr weap4"
set weap4 "weaponbank 2; bind mouse5 vstr weap3"
bind mouse5  "vstr weap3"

set weap1 "weaponbank 6; bind mouse4 vstr weap2"
set weap2 "weaponbank 5; bind mouse4 vstr weap1"
bind mouse4 "vstr weap1"

And as for your request from post #3 . You can't have script that will take you 'sometimes' to pistol and sometimes to other weapons. You can make press and hold script, so when you release key it would return to weaponbank 3 :)

Here is simple example for walk with additional cmds. Works like you press alt - walk1 is executed, you release alt - walk2 is executed.

set walk1	"sensitivity 1.5; +speed"
set walk2	"sensitivity 2; -speed"
bind ALT "+vstr walk1 walk2"
  • Like 1

I'm sorry, I think you misunderstood my post #3. I don't want a script to sometimes give me a weapon. What I'm saying is currently that is what it does but I always want the script to start me off with weapon3 after I exit the script.

Currently, I can toggle main weapon (weapon 3) and handgun (weapon 2) with the script you originally provided. However, when I go to another weapon bank, sometimes the script you gave me will go to handgun first instead of always starting with weapon 3. Is there any way to make it always start with weapon 3 regardless of how the loop was exited? I think I remember my old script working that way.

• 3 weeks later...
set weap1 "weaponbank 5; bind mouse4 vstr weap2; bind mouse5 vstr weap4"
bind mouse4 "vstr weap1"

set weap4 "weaponbank 3; bind mouse5 vstr weap3; bind mouse4 vstr weap1"
bind mouse5  "vstr weap3"

Would this work?

(I think I got the way it will loop the correct way around)

I think should work, assuming you are using mouse4 and mouse5 to switch weapons. If you ever use the keys it will obviously not work/

Edited by SadElf