April Meteor Shower :D

Chameleon

Meteor Shower this month! 

April 22, 2016 before dawn, the Lyrids

The Lyrid meteor shower – April’s shooting stars – lasts from about April 16 to 25. Unfortunately, in 2016, the full moon almost exactly coincides with the peak of the Lyrid meteor shower. About 10 to 15 meteors per hour can be expected around the shower’s peak on a dark, moonless night. Lyrid meteors tend to be bright and often leave trails, so maybe a meteor or two might overcome the drenching light of the full moon in 2016. The Lyrids are known for uncommon surges that can sometimes bring the rate up to 100 per hour. Those rare outbursts are not easy to predict, but they’re one of the reasons the tantalizing Lyrids are worth checking out. The radiant for this shower is near the bright star Vega in the constellation Lyra (chart here), which rises in the northeast at about 10 p.m. on April evenings. In 2016, the peak morning is April 22, though under the glaring light of the full moon.

• Like 3

Nice post

Just want to edit something that caught my eye in tpopic name, Helsen smeller you could have a shower too for a change.

• Like 1

Spacedex.com has all viewing times lists throughout the world..unfortunately for me will be on low northern horizon..with my trees and bright light on poles in yard will probably make impossible for me to see and 1am to 4 am time...bummer

• Like 1