Windows 7 Woes

Cannibal

Question

I just upgraded to Windows 7 from XP. Now when I play CoD4 I have horrible lag, and my sound quality is aweful. Everything sounds hollow and staticy, like you're listening to it underwater or somthing. I also occasionaly get random crashes with a message somthing like iw3mp failing to work correctly. I've found some kind of fix involving enabling stereo mix, but I simply can not find this option, even when showing hidden, inactive, and disabled devices. I really don't want to have to start playing MW2, because I hate it so much. Any help would be appreciated.

8 answers to this question

you well haft to update ur sound drive ur self it well not come with the windows updates i had to go do that myself as well i don't no about the video i got a new card with my pc that had the drives with it

Sadly my headphones are not USB. As near as I can tell all my drivers are up to date. I don't have a sound card, just the onboard.

My specs are:

Gigabyte S-series GA-EP35-DS3L mother board

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8400 3.00 GHz processor

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 video card

And of course, on board sound. I've never thought a sound card to be important and I never had any issues when I was running XP, but this is such bad lag that I basicaly have to play like Lame_Duck if I want to get any kills.

• Administrators

Here is the direct link to the audio driver for that motherboard

http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Driver/motherboard_driver_audio_realtek_azalia.exe

And here is the chipset driver

http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Driver/mb_driver_chipset_intel.exe

• Like 1

I intalled both those drivers (I think succesfully, but I'm not super computer savy). It didn't change anything. I still have really staticly, hollow sound and unplayably bad lag. I think my system specs are decent for a game this old. I have no idea what to try next :(

I intalled both those drivers (I think succesfully, but I'm not super computer savy). It didn't change anything. I still have really staticly, hollow sound and unplayably bad lag. I think my system specs are decent for a game this old. I have no idea what to try next :(

icant fix other probs but i do have a windows seven and i plugin a ubs mic and turn game grapihcs down but the sound idk mine works fine :hmm