Reset your router before playing COD4....

Ol Smoke

I have been testing this out for about two weeks now and resetting your router just before you start playing COD4 really helps with speed and errors.

Also,

turn your router off at night before going to bed.  It clears the error file that it builds.  I found this out because I have netflix streaming.

After about 8 hours of streaming videos, I started to get connection errors.  After screaming at Netflix,  I went and reset the router.  No more problems.

I have a Verizon router that hooks up to the fiber.  I have been told by them to shut it off a night and most of my connection problems would be solved.

I hate to admit it but it works for me.

Just FYI

• Administrators

That's why you don't ISP routers. Get your own router. ASUS  routers are good. I have scheduled to reboot every midnight. No manual work needed.

• Like 2

That's why you don't ISP routers. Get your own router. ASUS  routers are good. I have scheduled to reboot every midnight. No manual work needed.

I have tried that route with Frontier here.  My router was hooked up for TV service a long time ago for FIOS.  So it's connection uses RG-6 instead of CAT5.

There is a lot of involvement to get the box to convert back to CAT5.  Because of that, I cant use another router. And, I can't have a secondary router in the family room

for my ROKU box and my Directv box.  The ISP router won't recognize the second router.

• Administrators

Then get your own modem and router. It seems like you have modem/router combo stuff. That's what happens when you pay 7-15$/month to any ISP to lease their product. Once you get your own router they will give you discount. Comcast and Verizon both do that. Why waist 7$/month in leasing ISP stuff when you can get your own?

RG-6 goes to modem and from modem you hook up router. 150$ investment but you save 7-10$ in recurring monthly bills which saves up once you use both for more then a year or so.

Don't fall in the trap of ISP's that this and that can't be done. Get good Motorola DOCSIS 3.0 modem for appx around 60$ which supports 500Mbps download and 100Mbps+ upload and you would be all set for next 5 years.

In last 10 years, I have never really needed to reset my router manually. I have stick with Linksys routers or ASUS or Buffalo ones with 3rd party firmware's. i.e. DD-WRT or Tomator or Merlin Asus firmware.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...