Lagg # 1 Killer

Panther

Bere with me. Can some computors / players coause other computors to lagg?

due to Geographic locations. or differant systems.

Sometimes I think <--- on hold while typing.. I do this to others too. not sure.

Not sure I'm asking the right question/s. Bad enought my connection goes hinky (tech term) when it rains.

It rains in Florida a lot.... really a lot.

Next dumb/newbe question

IF my connection is a bit Hinky, will running around w/ an Uzi (now golden woot) make it worse, as to compare w/ an LMG ?

Thx thats it for now,

ps please excuse spelling

Sorry Daredevil. guess i should have put that in.

Laptop ASUST ek

Model ASUS notebook G72GX

rating 5.8 ,<--- no clue on this.

Processor: Intel ® coreduo, cpu p8700 2.53ghz, 2.53 ghz

Ram 6.0 gb

system type: 64 bit OS

NTFS

Grafics card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 260m

520 GB HARD DRIVE. and becouse you will ask,

speed test 10.93 mb down load

3.06 mb up load

ping 57 ms

during rain.

Thx in advance.

ps excuse spelling.

laptop = wireless connection?

i blame the wireless.

+1. Maybe your connection is too weak because you are too far from your router. Try making some Onion Surfers (Tin Foil Parabolas) to target your wireless signal in the direction of your laptop =D.

dscf0966x.jpgdscf0967g.jpg

I use wireless on the other side of my house and I have absolutely no connection problems =D (zero zip nill)

PS: No clue how rain impacts your wireless at all lol. In a storm ya it can impact, but it just normal rain? Zero chance

• Like 4

Laggometer ? Onion Parbola are you guys yanking the noob chain?

like:

bucket of steam

100' of flight line

Rudder Key to unlock stearring of aircraft on the ground?

Prop Wash.. for a jet engine.

come on....

Oh its Comcast CABNLE INTERNET fyi.

and it is efected by NOMAL rain. dont understand why either.

shouldn't be its 75 ohm coax cable after all,

Sometime the TV goes too. in really bad storms

Next dumb arse question: lights went out my keyboard. laptop Asus. just noticed. power and logo are still on

Need keyboard lights too see, eyes arn't what they use to be.

Did I touch wrong setting. Windows 7 Os (miss windows 95) or should I just take comp back to store , becuse of tech problem ID10T.

Laggometer ?

A lagometer is a small box that can be enabled in ET on the right of your screen to display how well your connection is doing (or to pointlessly take up a good bit of your screen, like the fireteam overlay :D).

It can be enabled by typing in your console (~): "/cg_lagometer 1".

• Like 1

+1. Maybe your connection is too weak because you are too far from your router. Try making some Onion Surfers (Tin Foil Parabolas) to target your wireless signal in the direction of your laptop =D.

dscf0966x.jpgdscf0967g.jpg

I use wireless on the other side of my house and I have absolutely no connection problems =D (zero zip nill)

PS: No clue how rain impacts your wireless at all lol. In a storm ya it can impact, but it just normal rain? Zero chance

:lol:

You just inspired me to work on increasing my signal strength, and I found this video, if I try it I'll post up how it works. I am sending a signal over 400ft to the house next door with the basic router antennas .

click here

Ya its possible. I know someone who made a great directional antennas using some wires and a large pineapple fruit =P. Its actually much better than that "onion dish" i made using a kitchen strainer XD

http://www.turnpoint.net/wireless/cantennahowto.html

:lol:

Stop making fun of me you !!! ;)

i believe in the parabola too as funny as it looks =p

florida storms roll through hard and fast - florida rain isn't the same as rain on the continent. could be there is more static electricity in the air because of the lack of wind barriers and all the sand.. could get magnetic interference before there is lightning. i mean i could believe it.

take a look at your outside cable line and make sure it's protected from the rain - some connection might be getting wet. i used to have an old, poorly shielded cable outside the house that would go out completely during storms - all i had to do to fix was go outside, unscrew cable line, touch it to something metal to ground, then screw it back in fixed connection every time.

and post lagometer ( yes, it's real ) -- it can point you at what kind of problem it is.