Photography

Wolf081

Im thinking to get back to the photography hobby and i plan to buy the brige came Lumix DMC-FX1000

the camera have great positive review

you have suggestion ?

in past i was using and old 35 mm Olympus and i will move to numeric pic oh ya :)

Mirrorless is better then ever and near dslr quality

thank you to comment

• 2 weeks later...

What Olympus did you use to use Wolf?  I'm just curious.

Mirror-less cameras are improving, but they'll still never have the lens selection (or in my opinion the feel) of a DSLR.

I would look at a DSLR and that way you actually will have the flexibility in the future.

What's your budget for the camera look like?

If you like to take photos and then put them through Photoshop to make them look better, then you will want to do this.

Don't set your pixel rate to jpeg, which is the standard setting in most cameras.  Set it to RAW.  This way you see the

image without the compression rate and get a much better image to work with.  But you will have to have a laptop with

you to transfer the images, because the file is very big.

Some of the newer better cameras have a setting for RAW and for BMP.  Each one is better than JPEG.  Especially for

skin tones.

• Like 2

Check out the New Sony's coming out in a few weeks, Mirrorless and good price for mid-range! I cannot wait!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

If you like to take photos and then put them through Photoshop to make them look better, then you will want to do this.

Don't set your pixel rate to jpeg, which is the standard setting in most cameras.  Set it to RAW.  This way you see the

image without the compression rate and get a much better image to work with.  But you will have to have a laptop with

you to transfer the images, because the file is very big.

Some of the newer better cameras have a setting for RAW and for BMP.  Each one is better than JPEG.  Especially for

skin tones.

Absolutely Smoke.  Whatever camera I get now, needs to have RAW ability.

I actually just bought a "Tough" (Olympus TG-4) that is the first waterproof camera with RAW processing.

I love it!

• 2 weeks later...

Bought Panasonic Lumix FZ300 4k video bridge camera. I wanted raw, weatherproof, good zoom.

For now, im damn happy whit it and i read a lot of good reviews about it.