5 tips for great landscape photos

Xernicus

Since I've gotten my dSLR, I've been absolutely dying to get out for a day-long landscape photo shoot. Of course, it also takes time to get used to a new piece of glass- and especially a different sized sensor. But of course, with new glass comes the problem of new filters. If the inner diameter of the lens is equal or lower to some filters you've got-- you're good to go once you've gotten a step-down ring. But say you have 58mm filters, and your new lens is 72mm... well that's too much to step-up without severe and uncorrectable vignetting.

So I've taken my time, and gotten some practice with this new camera... so that hopefully when I do get out on that shoot (which will hopefully be sometime this week or next), I'll stand a chance of getting some proper shots with good composition. But if I could control my photographic urges, it would just make me too good of a person; so instead, I headed to YouTube.

I discovered these guys about a month or two ago, and have kinda taken onto them- so I figured I'd share the love with all. And here is 5 Tips for Great Landscapes:
(This video applies to photography in general- whether you use an iPhone, polaroid, Lomography, dSLR... you name it)

• Like 2