YouTube Presence for FA?

ARCHON

Maybe there was a misunderstanding. After you record a demo you can use whichever software you want to record the video.

#1 recording a demo (what I'm suggesting) = using *only* Enemy Territory itself - and no other external tool - you type a command in the game console (/record demoname), and you will record the data incoming from the server. You will get a small file that is *not* a video, and it can be replayed only using the game itself.

When you replay it you can change resolution, brightness, whatever setting you want, you can use a game config with more details than the one you use in game, or enable things like explosions, which usually players disable when they play.

You will see yourself playing in the demo replay, and at this point (not while you were playing) you can either capture it with an external software of your choice (not necessarily fraps) or - using the game itself - you can output the raw audio and the individual uncompressed video frames (that's the way all 'pro' gaming videos are done, and it takes much more time and work) and then make a movie out of them.

#2 capturing a video in real time (what you did) = using some software you capture and encode the game video while you are playing

I suggested #1 not #2

Almost nobody does #2, unless they are doing some casual recording.

Even if demos have some drawbacks (there is no client prediction, so you will appear to be aiming slightly behind the target if you have a high ping - unless you replay the demo with tools like image-et, and you cannot demo the main menu or the class selection menu - but nobody cares about those anyway) it's still the best way to go.

It's the other way round with low ping you shoot first, and you also have less prediction errors when you are under fire.  It's an advantage not a disadvantage.

As regards the low fps, the whole mouse movement and gaming experience is less smooth, so it's harder to control your aim.

I did notice the aiming problem. Thing is on my desktop everything is different. I am still learning to play on my laptop which makes it kind of harder becuase I am left handed, and I used the arrow keys not the number pad or asdw lol. Now I must use asdw and it takes some getting used to. Aim though is the single most notable difference. Different settings, I had to install on the fly on this laptop.

As far as recording in real time. Well, I am primarily going to PS3 and 4 vids. I know most don't use the external hardware/software for this task on PC, but it is easier for me lol. I need to familiarize myself with proccessing captured video, that normally would be on a console. I will definitely look into this method for PC but I really don't play enough games on PC. I'm mostly a console gamer. ET being the only exception. Shows how good this game is. :) Thanks for the explanation. I'm going to look into it now.

Also, how can I embed the vids I make into the posts here? I cannot find a media button in the post toolbar. Or is it because I am not admin or something? I have seen it in other users posts. Mostly senior members or admins.

Edited by ARCHON

I did notice the aiming problem. Thing is on my desktop everything is different. I am still learning to play on my laptop which makes it kind of harder becuase I am left handed, and I used the arrow keys not the number pad or asdw lol. Now I must use asdw and it takes some getting used to. Aim though is the single most notable difference. Different settings, I had to install on the fly on this laptop.

As far as recording in real time. Well, I am primarily going to PS3 and 4 vids. I know most don't use the external hardware/software for this task on PC, but it is easier for me lol. I need to familiarize myself with proccessing captured video, that normally would be on a console. I will definitely look into this method for PC but I really don't play enough games on PC. I'm mostly a console gamer. ET being the only exception. Shows how good this game is. :) Thanks for the explanation. I'm going to look into it now.

Also, how can I embed the vids I make into the posts here? I cannot find a media button in the post toolbar. Or is it because I am not admin or something? I have seen it in other users posts. Mostly senior members or admins.

I have just posted a tutorial but it is not approved yet so I will just post a small portion of the tutorial here.

Guide on How to embed YouTube Videos on F|A Forums :

Lets begin with a scenario. You have uploaded a video on a Video Hosting Website eg. YouTube and wants to embedded your YouTube Video on F|A Forums. In this tutorial, we will be using my RestoreET Demostration Video which is hosted on YouTube as an example.

Method 1 :

1. Go to your YouTube Video Page eg. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJa2j4JljEk

2. Copy your YouTube Video Link.

3. Add the Media BBCode to your YouTube Video Link.

Your resulting code :

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJa2j4JljEk[/media]

4. Paste the code from the previous step in your post and then submit your post.

5. You have successfully embed your YouTube Video on F|A Forum.

Method 2 :

Alternatively, you can go to the Toolbar of your post and select the Special BBCode icon (It should look like a photo icon.) and select the Media BBCode. Paste your YouTube Video Link under the Media Url Section and then click Ok.

Method 3 :

You can just paste the YouTube Video url directly in your post. You do not have to link it.

Just paste the following code to your post :

Result :

I hope this guide helps you. Thank you.

• Like 1

I have just posted a tutorial but it is not approved yet so I will just post a small portion of the tutorial here.

Guide on How to embed YouTube Videos on F|A Forums :

Lets begin with a scenario. You have uploaded a video on a Video Hosting Website eg. YouTube and wants to embedded your YouTube Video on F|A Forums. In this tutorial, we will be using my RestoreET Demostration Video which is hosted on YouTube as an example.

Method 1 :

1. Go to your YouTube Video Page eg. 

2. Copy your YouTube Video Link.

3. Add the Media BBCode to your YouTube Video Link.

Your resulting code :

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJa2j4JljEk[/media]
4. Paste the code from the previous step in your post and then submit your post.

5. You have successfully embed your YouTube Video on F|A Forum.

Method 2 :

Alternatively, you can go to the Toolbar of your post and select the Special BBCode icon (It should look like a photo icon.) and select the Media BBCode. Paste your YouTube Video Link under the Media Url Section and then click Ok.

Method 3 :

You can just paste the YouTube Video url directly in your post. You do not have to link it.

Just paste the following code to your post :

Result :

I hope this guide helps you. Thank you.

Thanks so much. Hm.... Here goes, let's try it.

Sweet! Thanks man. I am unsure of how I could not figure that out on my own lol.

Edited by ARCHON

I've made more videos. I'm not sure if I should post them here or in my journal or something. Any guidance?

I assume the best place to post your next videos would be in this section:

http://fearless-assassins.com/forum/134-gaming-videos/

Just make a new topic and then posts new videos whenever u will create one in same topic.

• Like 2

I'm trying to migrate to the Jay2 server to grab some new footage. I was told by the admins that the busiest time is the AM so I'll try to be on there for an hour or two daily.

I'm trying to migrate to the Jay2 server to grab some new footage. I was told by the admins that the busiest time is the AM so I'll try to be on there for an hour or two daily.

Forgive me Jay2. I am actually having a hardware issue with my recording device. I'm going to exchange it at my earliest convenience and issue an update when I will be on the server.