patching w:et

abigpaul

i downloaded the game, and its really choppy, i tired putting the settings on low, than clicking set recomended, nothing works.. should i patch the game? which verision? and what would be the benefits. im really a noob at this stuff. thanks.

Edited by abigpaul

Patch to 2.60b

http://returntocastlewolfenstein.filefront.com/file/Wolfenstein_Enemy_Territory_260b_Patch_win32;62012

Then you might want to use a cfg file for et.

what are you comp specs?

internet connection?

i have a emachines computer, it has a onboard graphics card. i played a few months ago and it ran pretty good if i can remember.

i have good interenet too, wtf. will the new patch let me play on more servers?

AH OK.

pretty much in a nut shell....

2.60b is more stable.

LOL easiest way to put into terms.

you will have alot less crashes with 2.60b and less lag. which i found out on my own.

:yahoo

AH OK.

pretty much in a nut shell....

2.60b is more stable.

LOL easiest way to put into terms.

you will have alot less crashes with 2.60b and less lag. which i found out on my own.

:yahoo

awsome! i downloaded the patch, now what? im really dumb at this computer stuff haha

Edited by abigpaul

awsome! i downloaded the patch, now what? im really dumb at this computer stuff haha

So now that you got the patch,

(just want to make sure you did it right)

You coppied the

ET.exe & ETDED.exe into your wonfenstien - enemy territory folder.

now just start up game as normally.

now that you got 2.60b, you can ONLY connect to 2.60 and 2.60b servers. UNLESS they have there server(s) running the all patch compatibility thing. (lol)

OR

you install a patch selector. meaning it will switch you from 2.55, to 2.56 to 2.60 and 2.60b(etpro) versions

So now that you got the patch,

(just want to make sure you did it right)

You coppied the

ET.exe & ETDED.exe into your wonfenstien - enemy territory folder.

now just start up game as normally.

now that you got 2.60b, you can ONLY connect to 2.60 and 2.60b servers. UNLESS they have there server(s) running the all patch compatibility thing. (lol)

OR

you install a patch selector. meaning it will switch you from 2.55, to 2.56 to 2.60 and 2.60b(etpro) versions

ok i got it, so since i have the 2.60b patch, can i only play on 2.60b servers?

Edited by abigpaul

ok i got it, so since i have the 2.60b patch, can i only play on 2.60b servers?

If you just have the 6b. patch then yes you can only play on 6b. servers unless as stated earlier, different mod servers are running the patch that allows it like the FA servers do. Yes ETpro is much more stable than jaymod, NQ, and ETpub by far, alot less lag and better fps.

ok so i found a file that automatcially installs the patch, it seem like it worked, but than i kept gettings errors, how do i remove the patch? i just wanna remove the patch and try to fix the game so its not so choppy/laggy. ill worry about the patch later. sorry if i seem like a pest guys :/