Dammit Humble Bundle (rant :P)

Xernicus

So I bought "This War of Mine" finally, seeing that it was on Sale on the Humble Bundle storefront along with some DLC and/or extras.

But... my excitement got killed early on:
post-9897-0-25869100-1431399376_thumb.png

Anybody ever have this happen to them when redeeming a key from Humble Bundle? I've bought bundles and individual games from them quite often in the past, and I've never had this happen. It's not that I don't trust them, but you'd think Steam would just autogenerate a new set of keys...

/rant over

I've owned it for awhile, but never gotten around to playing it. Looks like I bought it on Bundle Stars.

DLing now, will get back to you once I play for a bit.

• Like 1

So I can't say that Magicka is really my style of game, but there's some good humor and wit in the dialogue, and the plot is decent.

Seeing as how you can pick it up for any amount under (or above) $4.62, I'd say go for it if you're into fantasy games.

What turns me off are the controls and the way that the story is presented. It's got a bit of a visual novel feel to it, requiring you to sit through some stories and instructions rather then be able to jump right into the game and start playing.

• Like 1

It's third-person, and you control your character by using the mouse. (Whoopsies, forgot to mention that bit :P)

Yeah third person is not my thing.  Thank you for dl'ng the game and giving me insight. Unfortunately I won't be purchasing the bundle. :(

Yeah third person is not my thing.  Thank you for dl'ng the game and giving me insight. Unfortunately I won't be purchasing the bundle. :(

Yeah, me neither. Idk, in my opinion the game could use some work. But for such a low price, who can complain? :P

And on that note, I got my 'This War of Mine' key. A word of advice for all though: keep checking for Humble Bundle keys once or twice a day if they're out. You won't be getting an email saying that your keys are ready. :lame

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got an email this morning with a followup from Humble Bundle regarding the wait for the key.
post-9897-0-82179800-1432219989_thumb.png

This does not excuse the fact that they never sent out an email to notify me that my key was processed, but it more than makes up for the wait.

For those wondering, I do not have anything against Humble Bundle. I support what they are doing, and have had nothing but positive experiences with them. For those interested in getting good deals on games, I suggest checking out the following sites

• Humble Bundle (Weekly, daily if they are having a sale)
  • Bundle Stars (Subscribe to email alerts about bundles, and you will be up to date), check store whenever, but I often find new offerings daily.
  • The reddit thread /r/GameBundles (Check daily)