Wii Component Cable

Higgeo

yea it is it up your tv you could get 720p and 1080p , ther is no hdmi cable for it but the component will give u hd quality .

The current Wii itself only puts out a native 480p and won't go above that limit. You can change your TV's settings to 720p or higher but you are still getting a 480p quality resolution.

Solution:

But there is now an actual HD converter for the Wii created by a third party company. http://gear.ign.com/articles/107/1079857p1.html . It isn't true HD but it cleanly scales up the image to higher HD resolutions.

IGN has stated that there is an actual improvement in image quality so I guess you can trust their word on that.

thumb_VD_W3_Wii10_1.jpg

Nice find on that adapter, I always wondered whether Wii can produce HD picture.

Still, Wii looks nice even on 480p on my full HD telly, with this it would be awesome.

yea it is it up your tv you could get 720p and 1080p , ther is no hdmi cable for it but the component will give u hd quality .

What is the difference between hdmi and component cables on wii? i dont get it.

Because i bought wii cables (the one that have 5 diferents conectors: blue, green, red, white and another red) and then go to wii setings to change the resolutions to 720*480i to 720*480p, the higher than wii have. The difference is considerable good for some games and other no. Like Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros Brawl, Tales of Symhonia, Zelda (so so with this game), Mario Kart Wii, Metroid Trilogy, CoD Reflex, etc, etc, well, some of the best games of wii get more beneficts with those cables and resolution. But other games like Mario Party 8 or many Gamecube games dont get benefict the high resolution, even worse jeje. Btw there are some GC games than allow high resolution.

What is the difference between hdmi and component cables on wii?

Because i bought wii cables (the one that have 5 diferents conectors: blue, green, red, white and another red) and then go to wii setings to change the resolutions to 720*480i to 720*480p, the higher than wii have. The difference is considerable good for some games and other no. Like Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros Brawl, Tales of Symhonia, Zelda (so so with this game), Mario Kart Wii, Metroid Trilogy, CoD Reflex, etc, etc, well, some of the best games of wii get more beneficts with those cables and resolution. But other games like Mario Party 8 or many Gamecube games dont get benefict the high resolution, even worse jeje. Btw there are some GC games than allow high resolution.

On the Wii the difference is minimal. It is a hardware limitation of the wii which can't support HDMI resolutions higher than a native 480p . It can be "tweaked" though though methods that stretch the 480p resolution to a higher one, but it can results in some games looking worse or better (depending on the game).

From what I see, the Wii HD convertor at the moment is the only product in the world that can match a 1080p resolution on the Wii with a guarenteed graphical enhancement. But I heard it costs $75 + shipping and there is a waiting time for orders