Temperature question

AcidParadox

572c16e93ebd0dcd6b24ca1041e508fa.png

What's the difference between the blue and the green?

The blue one is getting to 70c when I am playing CS:GO or Dirty Bomb, while the green one reaches to 50c.

Are these temperatures ok? or do I have an overheating problem? 

From what I heard around 60°C for amd cpu's under a 100% load is quite normal and you have lot less then that so I think you're fine ;)

• Like 1

Normally AMD's CPU are having higher temp limit over Intel's, tho the easiest way to check the temps for specific CPU is to head over to AMD webpage and check your model, thats how i have been checking at past for various of CPU's that i owned in case anything went close to limit.

Also some tips, it wouldnt be bad if u open ur case and clean for dust, specially from the CPU cooler due to getting dust inbetween the aluminum ribs that are cooling the cpu and taking away hot air, best is to use compressed air and blow between it and then vacum everything out so u wont have any left overs. Other than that, u can always perform the CPU stress test with various of programs and see if its actually overheating, then either ur flow of the air in the case is bad, or the CPU cooler is not sufficient enough.

MAX Core temps is 61.1°C

MAX socket temp is 70°C

Picked the specifications from tomwshardware forum about your CPU.

• Like 1

Normally AMD's CPU are having higher temp limit over Intel's, tho the easiest way to check the temps for specific CPU is to head over to AMD webpage and check your model, thats how i have been checking at past for various of CPU's that i owned in case anything went close to limit.

Also some tips, it wouldnt be bad if u open ur case and clean for dust, specially from the CPU cooler due to getting dust inbetween the aluminum ribs that are cooling the cpu and taking away hot air, best is to use compressed air and blow between it and then vacum everything out so u wont have any left overs. Other than that, u can always perform the CPU stress test with various of programs and see if its actually overheating, then either ur flow of the air in the case is bad, or the CPU cooler is not sufficient enough.

Picked the specifications from tomwshardware forum about your CPU.

I think I am gonna check my pc for any dust then , because this didn't happen back then when I started using this computer.

I think I am gonna check my pc for any dust then , because this didn't happen back then when I started using this computer.

If the PC is old, or the setup was done years back, it wouldnt be bad if u would actually re-appeal the thermal paste again onto the cpu/cooler due to the fact that with years the paste doesn't give the same statistic of outputing the heat as it does at beginning.

For cleaning the paste read this topic http://www.overclock.net/t/335074/best-way-to-clean-thermal-paste-off-cpu, gives u tips on what alcohol to use with a proper paper cleaning towel.

As for airflow, start with the dust cleaning, as that normally reduces the heat, other than that, if its a desktop PC u can take a side panel off and see if the temp's go down, which could cause the bad airflow in the case itself.

• Like 2

This build is like 6 months old, but I cleaned it up anyways. 

The temperatures are a little bit better, but I think I'll save up to buy a new cooler because I am still using the crappy stock one.

da030a68c022bd4be201bbbfe8fbb76a.png