cod4 scrim possibility

fred

see the only problem i have with being the twl "founder" is that their rules are written in lawyer and not english. thats why i think malo would be better as the founder because you could probably make better sense out of that. other than that whoever is the other person me or malo is probably gonna be a captain. captain can do almost everything founder can. we can set other people as captains to if need be.

Im not the best player, but if you needed someone to practice against or as a backup i would be willing to help out or join, whatever the case may be. I've never scrimmed before, so it would be good to try it out. Is it in anyway similar to HC? Like one shot one kill, or is it like our Killbox server?

Im not the best player, but if you needed someone to practice against or as a backup i would be willing to help out or join, whatever the case may be. I've never scrimmed before, so it would be good to try it out. Is it in anyway similar to HC? Like one shot one kill, or is it like our Killbox server?

Promod is like Killbox... kinda, like I said before its hard to explain, PAM4 tends to be played hardcore.

Ok, looking over TWL's rule set in my spare time and taking notes over everything needed by players, captains, servers, etc. etc. I'll post the more important information on here for ease of access.

For Players:

- Necessary to record a demo of the whole match

- No custom skins or other modifications to textures

- No binds/scripts allowed. Not even if it was just set up. This includes mousewheel fire bind.

- No exploits (I'll elaborate when I have more information / time)

I'll continue this later.

- No binds/scripts allowed. Not even if it was just set up. This includes mousewheel fire bind.

Does that mean playing with the default controls? Or is it just disallowing binds other than controls?

no what that means is like you cant have a stop reload bind. or other binds like that. you can set ur controls up to anything except no scroll wheel fire.

Does that mean playing with the default controls? Or is it just disallowing binds other than controls?

If you're just reassigning a bind to another button, thats allowed (assuming it doesn't change its effectiveness like the mouse scroll fire bind)

If you're assigning something that's not default onto a button, thats not allowed. Not aware of anything you'd want to add to controls, but its covered.

And if you're scripting a pre-existing bind to do something funky, that's not allowed.

And I'm pretty sure they allow binds for graphics configs assuming the graphics change is allowed for the game mode, but I'll have to check to make sure.

To keep everyone in the loop, Fred has asked daredevil on the costs of a scrim server, and we have a few options.

One is a euro server, which we could only use for practice (as hosting on a euro server for a scrim match is forbidden in North American ladders in TWL). Based on what Fred said, it's free, though the ping might be a little high.

There's also an Ohio-based server, which we could scrim and practice on, though it will cost $10 a month. I would be willing to foot this bill, but only if enough people make at least a commitment to practicing. 12 or so people capable of coming to practice consistently would be enough for me.

Or, we could find another clan's server to practice on when they aren't using it. We might need to pay a smaller amount to help support the server, but like before, with enough interest I'd be willing to pay it.

Second level of business, as we have a few people interested in scrimming who aren't actually in the clan, we will need a different team name to scrim under other than Fearless Assassins. Suggestions for names would be nice, along with a tag to go with it.

Example: Name: Scrubs 4 Scrim, Tag: s4s.<insert name>

Third, to get a better understanding of how the team will play, anyone who's interested should state what weapon type they prefer using. Since different weapon preferences require different strategies to accomodate them.

So state whether you prefer using smg, assault, or sniper. Also state a second weapon type you like using, this time out of smg, assault, sniper, shotgun, or lmg.

The reason smg, assault, and sniper are all requested first is because in a scrim these classes are focal to most strategies and are useful in almost every situation. Shotguns are more situational in smaller teams, and lmgs are nooby/banned in promod.

And finally, when we have a server, the first practice we do will consist of trying out PAM4 and ProMod. The sooner we determine which mod we will play in, the sooner we can commence practice on it. PAM4 has hardcore damage system, Promod has a slightly modified default damage system.

Hopefully the size of this post doesn't deter anyone from reading it.

On the first note malo, I could help you out with funding a server as I dont know if I would necessarily enjoy a high-ping, Euro server.

Secondly Im not very good at coming up with names for a team, so I'll just say that whatever someone comes up Im fine with it.

Thirdly, I prefer using an smg. And my second choice is assault rifles. Sniping is a no-go for me as Im not good at all with it. I should add again that I've never scrimmed before and dont know if I would actually be any good at it. So Im anxious to practice on it to see how things go.

Depending on the time that everyone wants to practice I would say that you could count on me to be at the very least a consistent practice member. And depending on how I do, then maybe an actual scrim team member if I perform well.

Second level of business, as we have a few people interested in scrimming who aren't actually in the clan, we will need a different team name to scrim under other than Fearless Assassins. Suggestions for names would be nice, along with a tag to go with it.

Maybe we can just make another tag for nonmembers, like FA. or F|A? Do we even have a scrim tag for ourselves or are we using =F|A=?

So state whether you prefer using smg, assault, or sniper. Also state a second weapon type you like using, this time out of smg, assault, sniper, shotgun, or lmg.

I prefer using assault, second sniper.

Hopefully the size of this post doesn't deter anyone from reading it.

Close... but you spaced it out nicely so it wasn't bad.

More wow. Seems like a normal playoff sinareo. ladder pyrimids.

To new to make a team. But play against a team sounds chalenging.

Even pro's have scrimage teams to practice against.. mybe i could get invited to that.

Do i have to get 1.7, killed my comp. last time. lost a lot of Red Tiger LMG's.(ok 2 of them).lol)

ps Exscuse spelling

More wow. Seems like a normal playoff sinareo. ladder pyrimids.

To new to make a team. But play against a team sounds chalenging.

Even pro's have scrimage teams to practice against.. mybe i could get invited to that.

Do i have to get 1.7, killed my comp. last time. lost a lot of Red Tiger LMG's.(ok 2 of them).lol)

ps Exscuse spelling

Grammar's a bit bad, not the spelling.

And the reason I'm asking for at least 12 or so players to show up for practice is so that there are enough people to play 5v5 practice matches.

And 1.7 is necessary. Just back up your files before you update to it, and use the tutorial to be able to run both 1.6 and 1.7 on the same computer.